anybody here ride? wrecked last summer...

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/2895651
sigh....
I ride but no tricks. I like the "sport" of riding, so I like the turns and the leans, but I don't think I'll EVER be good enough to try a wheelie with no gear, lol. BUT, that being said, I haven't really ridden for a year since I moved to this nice flat, and safe state of Florida, lol. No turns, nn hills and LOTS of cops.
TM, nice color scheme there! I like black and yellow. Course, I like the black and red too, lol.
Thanks Tizzo! I still have it. Coming to a track near you soon! I couldn't get rid of that bike. It has too many memories for me.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Elite
http:///forum/post/2895659
awsome colour combo on the rr tang!
you should def powdercoat those rims yellow lol
i didnt like the look of those rr's when they 1st came but the more i see them the more i like them.... the one thing that puts me off on looks is the skinny tail i have a big ass and it will look bigger on that skinny tail lol
but i never rode one yet so i cant say anyhting about the bike...
I didn't either but it grew on me and now that I have one, I love it. I haven't been able to ride it hard yet as the shoulder is still healing and I'm breaking it in, but I will tell you that the 08 is an awesome bike when you ride it but it does feel smaller than the 06 so it might be less comfortable to you.
Not sure about the wheels. I liked my flat black rims on the 06 better than the shiny 08 but it still hides the chain sling better than yellow. My buddy has a repsol and he is constantly cleaning his rear rim.

todj2002

old bike was geared one down in the front and up two in the rear. man that thing would blast off. still using stock gearing on the new bike for now. might leave it that way. undecided right now. i managed to salvage my yoshi to put on the new bike. it really just needs a new end cap but i am prolly not even going to fix it. looks mean now, lol.

tangman99

I quit doing wheelies earlier this year. I would still do power wheelies, but that's just the bike coming up under full throttle. I clutched one up about 60 MPH and it instantly went up to about 11 o'clock. I had to throw that pair of underwear away when I got home.
Had the Steering Damper catch a few potential tank slappers from not coming down straight also. I figured my days were numbered so I quit as I wasn't the best at it to begin with. Plus Florida is handing out $1000 tickets for first offenses now.

todj2002

found this pic today. couple days after looping out. man that whole episode really sucked. guess it could have been worse. ride safe.