Anybody Like Pics of Big Game Animals?

snakeblitz33

Wow, couple of those deer were a pretty nice shootin' size. Is that out of your backyard? Thanks for sharing.

scopus tang

Hey guys - yes all of these are wild, although the sheep and elk pictures where taken in Yellowstone (no Seth not in my back yard unfortunately
, but close). The deer where actually along the road on my way home yesterday. Most were taken by me, the close-up of the ram and the lamb were taken by my wife. I have lots of others, as we're always taking pictures of wildlife, but don't have them loaded to photobucket - I'll have to do some looking

T

tizzo

Sheesh Scopus, taking pics of your TV while "Planet Earth" is on, doesn't count for anything...

teresaq

Very nice. We have some pics from Yellowstone from a couple of yrs ago. We have a couple of a big grizzly and her cubs. Very cool to see so close. Also have some antelope from the last time we were in Wyoming
T

pezenfuego

I don't know a whole lot about hunting, but my friend got a huge calico not that long ago and the pictures of the thing were pretty sweet.

wattsupdoc

While squirrel hunting my son and I walked up on a mother black bear and her cub a few years back. I don't care what anybody says that is not a "neat" experience. Mother bears can be very jumpy, especially when their cub gets spooked. Now far enough away to get zoomed in and up close....thats a much better experience. The only way those dear would look better would be covered in gravy.....
MMMMMMM GRAVY....... Especially the Ram.....

reefraff

The big horns are cool. Used to pass a roadside feeding ground for them in Montana all the time. Things are a dumb as a cow about cars though, almost took out a few on highway 200 once.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2948236
The big horns are cool. Used to pass a roadside feeding ground for them in Montana all the time. Things are a dumb as a cow about cars though, almost took out a few on highway 200 once.
Yeah; most big game animals seem to be that way; I think I've nearly hit almost all of these at one time or another. Only one you don't see as roadkill very often is the antelope.

reefraff

Antelope, are you serious? My Brother lives over by Pinedale, He's had lots hit out front of his place and I've almost grilled several my own self. I think the reason you don't see as many as roadkill is they are easier to drag off not being as bag as some of the other stuff.
The ones I've never seen are moose cause I imagine they end up walking or staggering away and there aren't a lot of them around, those and of course buffalo. I have some video of a buff traffic jam in Yellowstone I should dig out. Those things don't care about cars. They will walk right in front of you.
Never seen a lot of Elk on the road either.