Anybody need a refugium?

team2jndd

I wont be able to do tomorow. Sometime during the week would be better. And to the other guy who was interested, if you give me a few days I can make another one for you. Let me know.

drew2005

Originally Posted by team2jndd
I wont be able to do tomorow. Sometime during the week would be better. And to the other guy who was interested, if you give me a few days I can make another one for you. Let me know.
if i have a day off work this week then ill let you know. If not then next sunday(july 2) is the next definite day. If thats not good i guess you can ship it. Just gimme a shipping cost. It might be worth it to ship. My zip is 11756.

team2jndd

If you look at the diagram in the link I sent you it shows you how its set up. The water flows from the refugium to the display via the pump. When the water level rises high enough, the overflow box will start to overflow water back down to the refugium. Put a check valve somewhere in your plumbing in case the power goes out. (Do not use a copper check valve, copper is bad for the tank)

team2jndd

I would hate to ship when you live that close but I am leaving Friday morning for vacation until the 5th. See if you can get the time off and if it helps, I will drive a half hour in your direction to defray some of the driving time/cost.

gbfan41649

thanks send pics.... this will give me a co0uple of days to measure, read, search for pumps etc... this hobby is getting $$$$$$$.
I set you an email also so you may send pics

drew2005

I would hate to ship when you live that close but I am leaving Friday morning for vacation until the 5th. See if you can get the time off and if it helps, I will drive a half hour in your direction to defray some of the driving time/cost.
If your available night time i can do that also. Anytime after 6pm works for me pretty much any day. How far are you from Yonkers Raceway? Im about 45-60 mins from there.

team2jndd

I forgot to mention, the rio pumps like the ones found on this site are alot cheaper than mag drives. Also, they connect to flexible hosing so you wont have to build any plumbing. You might want to give that a look for something that is cheaper and easier.

drew2005

Thats a little more than an hour away from me.
Not a prob. Gimme a spot and ill be there any night this week. Do you have AOL or AIM? we can message each other to make it easier.

drew2005

Looks good. I assume you filled it with water and made sure there are no leaks. Anyway, still sold. Soon as the paypal money clears i'll send it over. Thanks.

team2jndd

The only two walls that actually hold water pressure are the second and third but that is only at the initial filling. I tested those and they hold perfectly with no leaks.

drew2005

The only two walls that actually hold water pressure are the second and third but that is only at the initial filling. I tested those and they hold perfectly with no leaks.
Cool. Its all up to paypal now.