anybody of good pic's of there sump/filter setups

newfishliny

looking to build my own sump so I can put my filter/uv protien ect
I have a 90gal , I figure maybe a 30 gal tank. any idea's ?
thanks
Don

nm reef

Here is a pic of the 29 gal sunp I put together for my 55 reef...not as complicated as I feared...and so far its working as designed.

sucram

Did you drill through the glass yourself, or get someone to do it? I've asked a few glass stores, and noone seems very excited to mess with it.

lou_brakant

sucram
Keep looking for a glass comp that will drill it, it took about 4-5 places before anyone would touch my 125 gal glass tank , but they drilled 2 holes(1 3/4 & 1 7/16) for return and sump lines back into tank for $20.00 +tax. They made me sign a waiver just in case glass broke though.

shnookums

i'm with ya salty nutz,
sumps are easy, get a tank, get some pieces of plexiglass and aquarium caulk, make compartments, get overflow box get tubing at lowes if needed. no drilling here.:)

nm reef

Thats right...no holes drilled in my sump.....just a 29 gal aquarium....plexi glass dividers were glued with marine epoxy...2 lifereef overflows feed the sump and a magdrive 1200 returns the water to the display....skimmer is a euroreef cs6-2. I like the old KISS principal....."Keep It Simple Stupid".....and the simpler the better for this old dummy. But the project went well and it works.......thats all I could ask for.:cool:

newfishliny

thnaks for that picture , but what pump runs your skimmer.
I just learned that a skimmer which Im in the process of buying:
just pumps back in the sump; I thought it returned back to the tank. so you might know * aqua c- now a learned that the needle
valve might be a problem and on the other hand the esttis needed with a high powered pump and makes a lot of noise.
I am the type who needs simple but a great performer in product.
thanks
don

newfishliny

:rolleyes: Ijust can't take it those pic's are great give me more !
Really thanks for sending those shots it gives me a better idea how to set up the sump
thanks
Don

mini-reefer

I used regular hole cutting drill bits. One is easy, but if you noticed each is doubled up so they didnt bow. It seems to be working very well with no side affects.