Anybody remember this post?

rgaskins

There was a guy selling 150 lbs of live rock for $300.00...(https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...hreadid=150819)...Can anyone tell me why this post was deleted? I got the shaft on this rock and wanted to see if anyone else got it too...I ended up buying 75 lbs from him for $150.00...Well he did send 32 lbs. including the packaging...Maybe he was a fraud thats why the post got deleted...Mabe a mod can help out...Thanks for any help...:mad: :mad: :mad:

rgaskins

The address on the box was:
1902 Ridge Rd.
West Seneca N.Y. 14224
After doing some searching I think this address is for the Ups store in his area...I have purchased many things via the forum...The people here are great...I just don't want someone else here to make the same mistake I did...God I hate a fraud....:mad:
Here are some email addresses he uses...!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!
frgrasso@hotmail.com
sndr3695@aol.com (where the paypal money was sent)
FRGRASSO@ADELPHIA.NET
Goes by the name (REEF1973) here...
I have filed a complain with Paypal...I hope they help me out...

reefnut

Sorry to hear that rgaskins. I don't think we could provide you with any additional information but PayPal should have his address and such. Maybe you could find out more through them??
Did anyone else purchase any rock from REEF1973??

joehockny

Ok I do remember that post. It was local for me and we emailed each other a few times with the email of frgrasso@hotmail.com But for some reason they insisted on shipping the rock instead of letting me pick it up or meet somewhere. I thought that was kinda weird thinking we lived only about 15 minutes apart. So I figured he either had bad rock he didnt want me to see or was a fraud, I guess the latter was it. Sorry to hear that happened to you but thanks for leaving the feadback so everyone knows to stay away from that name in the future.

rgaskins

Hi, thanks so much for your concern and replys...This is a great forum and is full of good info from great people...I still love the classifieds and think it is a great place to pick up a deal on used stuff...Just wanted to try to look out for you guys so you don't get caught up in the same mess as me...The rock he sent looked very good to me, just wish he would have sent the rest of it..Please don't let this stop you from buying from other people here, my mom always said "one bad apple don't spoil the bunch"...Have fun and I will keep you guys posted...Thanks again...

rgaskins

BTW, Just purchased my secound live goods order from SWF...Love the prices and the service...I don't even go to my LFS anymore...Nice being able to shop at home and have the fish delivered to my door...:D :D :D

a_fender69

716-675-5400 Here is the number to the UPS store that the item was shipped from. call the store and give them the tracking number and tell them you need the shippers info since he ripped you off. Then send me an email to alex@tritonrms.com I own a collections agency and I can normally track him down and get his phone number. I have done this before and scared the people so bad that they returned the money of shipped the items.

dadof4

i also tryed to buy it from this guy he is like 10min from me but insisted to ship lol sry to hear about this

rgaskins

Paypal contacted him and his responce was this tracking number...I'm waiting to hear back from them now...Thanks guys...

tom024

rgaskins, sorry to hear about what happened to you. I have been in your situation and thanks to a_fender69. He really did a great job on getting those ppl. He provided us the information and even called the scammer and we acutally got all of our refunds back.
Thanks again a_fender69 and good luck to you rgaskins.

rgaskins

I'm calling Ups to get the info...A_fender69 seems like a class act to take his time to help people here...Maybe I can get him to help collect an old dept for our business...I did some work for a woman and she don't wanna pay...She was going off on how good the product was...But no money....LOL...Also, I saw a post by this same guy on another form wanting to sell 75 lbs...I left a really nice reply to his post
...Thanks again gang...

a_fender69

I will be glad to assist you and your company on both of these matters. Please get me the information asap as i am leaving the country on monday for 3 weeks. You can call me at 866-853-4730.
Alex Fender

stareefer

Sorry to hear of these problems too.
If you can, when using PayPal , use a credit card. You are probably covered by fraudulent activity. PayPal will try to get your money back to You, but if there is no money in his account, it can take a very long time. Now I always use my credit card just for "peace of mind"
They sure do help in these situations.

rgaskins

Originally posted by stareefer
Sorry to hear of these problems too.
If you can, when using PayPal , use a credit card. You are probably covered by fraudulent activity. PayPal will try to get your money back to You, but if there is no money in his account, it can take a very long time. Now I always use my credit card just for "peace of mind"
They sure do help in these situations.
[/QUOTE
You are exactly right...Usually I choose to use my Visa, but this time I let it draft my checking account..So it is making it more difficult to get my money back...But it just so happens I bank at a very small one branch community bank where my wifes best friend works at, so maybe she can help me out some way...Maybe dispute the charges or something...But yes guys, if your purchasing something and your not sure about it, please use a credit card...You may be glad you did....Thanks:D

rgaskins

Originally posted by RUBBERDUCK
i also got some rock from a girl(supposivly) and paypal gave me it all back after he DIDNT EVEN SEND IT :mad: :mad:

The name of this girl wasn't Sandra Pollum was it? That was the name on the box and the paypal account where I sent the money...
Also, I was wondering why he sent some of the rock if he was going to rip me off...The reson for that is because Paypal will not refund your money if you receive a package...Paypal told me that would be a dissatisfied issue and that would be between the seller and I...

tom024

Thanks so much. My roommate was about to buy the light set from him/her. Thanks god the deal didn't fall through.
Thanks