Anybody ride bikes? (motorcycles)

zsalinas

I haven't been to the dealer lately. I know sometimes the actual maker has deals that you can get through the dealer. Like no money down and $69 a month or something. I'm gonna look at my options because I don't know if I want to buy brand new or not. I'm afraid of buying brand new and damaging it ha ha. I've been keeping my eyes out on like local traders and stuff.

T

tizzo

Yeah, that's true... My first bike, the one I laid down, I think I paid 200 bucks for it. But after the lay down, I felt free to buy anything!! So I got a new 600...
I keep forgetting about that part. But there will always be "deals"...

rylan1

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
i want a bike too...so i am thinking about a TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675...brand new cost about 9g...not hardly anyone has one but i hear they are good bikes so it would be differnt and a little older model can the price way down
I'd say get a 750 or 600rr, R6, ZX6R, or GSXR... I think this bike is new first built in 2006. I think the daytona's are closer to a Honda f4I. These bikes are more like a cruiser sportbike.
I have a 600rr for 3 years, These are nice bikes that will keep you interested longer than a truimph, Katana, or f4I... in my opinion
This was my first bike, never really rode before and I taught myself for the most part. My experience with a bike and other riders is that yes you will lay it down sooner or later. Mine happened the 1st week because I slipped in gravel going 2mph. None since then because I took my time and did not take risks. I rode within my own abilities and did not try to do too much such as wheelies. I can do a wheelie now, but all my friends who got a bike wanted to do one before they learned how to ride, and as soon as they got a bike...they all crashed. Just remember to assume cars don't see you and be extra cautious (more so then in a car) and ride within your limits...Good Luck

You can find a great bike for $8 - $4,500

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by earlybird
I'm not big on bikes as I think they are pointless in Florida as there are no hills or fun roads. Not to mention crazy thunderstorms that come out of nowhere this time of year.
It's funny you feel that way, cause I was looking at the number of posts in Fla, compared to pretty much every where else!! LOL...
Apperantly, it would seem that florida is the place to be... I never rode there, so I don't know, but it's ironic...
http://www.sportbikes.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=29

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
It's funny you feel that way, cause I was looking at the number of posts in Fla, compared to pretty much every where else!! LOL...
Apperantly, it would seem that florida is the place to be... I never rode there, so I don't know, but it's ironic...
http://www.sportbikes.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=29
What we give up in mountain curves we gain in year round riding. I wish we had curves like they have north of us but we don't. We still find a lot of ways to have fun though.

poniegirl

This bike is an '83, I am a '63 and we are both still on the road!
A couple of thoughts...Invest in a good safety course
(they actually teach you how to use BOTH brakes) and once you are on the road, ride like you are invisible.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by PonieGirl
This bike is an '83, I am a '63 and we are both still on the road!
A couple of thoughts...Invest in a good safety course
(they actually teach you how to use BOTH brakes) and once you are on the road, ride like you are invisible.

Very good advice!! They also teach how to make a u-turn look easy!!

'03 RC51 here, however i am insanely jealous of TangMan's 1kRR...trying to convince the wife that i really do need 2 sport bikes is a rather tough feat...

If you wanna commute, dont get a sport bike. They are uncomfortable and if you end up modifying it, as we all do, gas mileage will suffer...hell i am lucky to get 100 miles on my tank before the light comes on, but my riding style through the country may be considered aggressive.

tangman99

Originally Posted by offsetfactor
'03 RC51 here, however i am insanely jealous of TangMan's 1kRR...trying to convince the wife that i really do need 2 sport bikes is a rather tough feat...
If you wanna commute, dont get a sport bike. They are uncomfortable and if you end up modifying it, as we all do, gas mileage will suffer...hell i am lucky to get 100 miles on my tank before the light comes on, but my riding style through the country may be considered aggressive.

I love my 1000RR and it sounds awesome with the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber but I'd give anything for the sound of that V-twin. I can hear that thing now! I ride with a guy that has a RC51 sometimes and I love the sound.
Speaking of Florida/Georgia roads, here is a few guys I have ridden with (I'm not in this) and when you get bored with the straight roads you just occupy yourself in other ways:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37499831133995

T

tizzo

Half of me wishes I could do that... Half of me says NO WAY!!!
But zsalinas...don't even think about it...

rylan1

I don't even have to look at the video.. I'll assume your roads are great for wheelies and high speeds.. Have any of you heard of the Star Boys? They are from my city, they are stunt riders for those who don't know.... I guess here in Ohio we have it pretty good because we have both long straight aways and curves.... Hilly/Mountain areas are only about a hour away from here in PA.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Zsalinas
Don't worry Tizzo never even thought about doing it. To scared ha ha!
Yeah Tizzo! Me Either

zsalinas

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Yeah Tizzo! Me Either

Ha Ha ok mr. spirited rider.
Are wheelies hard? They always make it look so easy. The ones I've seen where they crash though don't look so pretty.

T

tizzo

Mr spirited rider can do wheelies.

Mr spitited rider can do wheelies without even trying on that bike.
-again.
I cannot... But instead I'll say, "WAY to many variables can go wrong in a wheelie!!" "To dangerous", or "just stupid"... see, those are the things I say so I don't hafta admit that I just don't have the guts.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Mr spirited rider can do wheelies.

Mr spitited rider can do wheelies without even trying on that bike.
-again.
I cannot... But instead I'll say, "WAY to many variables can go wrong in a wheelie!!" "To dangerous", or "just stupid"... see, those are the things I say so I don't hafta admit that I just don't have the guts.
No! No! No! I can't ride out wheelies that those guys do. I wish I could, but I can't. Too scared! They are just insane! Those guys are clutching it up and shifting through gears while up on one. I do power wheelies in first and second gear and ride them out by keeping power to the bike. I very rarely bring it up to the balance point where they are riding.
I have brought it up that high a couple of times by accident and had to cover the rear brake. Racked myself on the gas tank both times too when I brought it down. :scared: Not fun at all.

quads4_lif

I love my bike just wish I had more ridding buddies that were not fair weather riders here is a few pics of my custom star

tangman99

You know what Quads4 lif?
I'm not a cruiser person at all, but I think I could take that bike for a ride! That is a beauty! Looks like you have put some heart and soul into it.
Very Nice!

quads4_lif

Thank you very much I want something that nobody else has I dont really care for the cookie cutter bike also I am tired of seeing every county in the USA choppers. My definition of a custom is built by the owner not a 125,000.00 dollar bike you bought over the phone.
Ok sorry off the soap box.
again thank you. I really take my bikes and my ATV's very serious the only thing more than my aquariums.