anyone been stung by a foxface??

a&m aggie 04'

my foxface will basically eat from my hand, whats the chance of him stinging me accidentally??
Anyone been stung??
Mark

sammystingray

I have one, and he mostly hides when my hands are in the tank....I like it that way. One night a guy came here worried about the fact he got stung.......from his post, it sounded like he was in some real pain, and was worried. I don't know if your will accidently get you, and a wrong move will make him spine you, but a tip is to put your hand in the HOTTEST water you get find that won't burn you......this seriously lessens the effects of the venom.......lots of people make the mistake of putting it in cold water.....this is wrong. Sorry, no personal experience on getting stung, but if it happens......I'll be sure to post.:D

clarkiiboi

Yep, sammy I remember that incident----and he was a she LOL--I remember because it was the only other WV member at the time, right now there are only 3 (that I know of). You helped out greatly!!! A&M, I think it would be pure accident, but if it happens, keep in mind what sammy said, that member felt much better after the hottest water she could stand vs. cold. Her name was either (I believe all caps) MRSWV or MRS.WV. Try that or a combo of, but sammy gave some good info there. As well as what she felt.

zooqi

There was a worker at a local LFS got one felt dizzy and could not stand. They called 911 for her and she was given shots. It was at Ron's Saltwater Heaven and the worker was Sue who used to work there.