anyone bought fish from this site

marcus71

as title says, this site so that is saltwaterfish.com
if how did it go, it says free shipping on most of the fish. did you acclimate like they recommend??

angrycrab

I just a huge order last wee, It was shipped well, arrived when the said, and all spieces are happy healthy and eating. Would order from again in a heartbeat

granny

Yes, and Yes. The fish arrived looking as if they had just been dipped out of the tanks.
Always take your time in acclimating-these fish have been so stressed-it is tempting to toss them in the tank, but introduce them slowly and you will get better results.

sleasia

I would always plan on qt'ing any "mail order fish" or any fish for that matter. I just got a hippo three weeks ago fromswf.com qt 'd it only for 10 days and then decided to put it in the main tank because it was stressing in the qt...now a week later it has ich and is back in the qt again. But in general it is a very healthy and good looking fish and arrived with no problem and no ich.

saltwater8

For what it's worth...
I don't remember reading anyone not being happy with the fish they got from this site....
:happyfish

sleasia

The only thing I was a bit miffed about was the free stuff they let you chose . when I got the hippo i chose the peppermint shrimp for the freebie. the ones they sent were about the size of mysis shrimp and were eaten immediately when I put them in the tank by the fish...If I had known they were microscopic shrimp, I would have certainly chosed hermits or snails as the freebie...so that was a little weird, but the only dissapointment I have had.

marcus71

slea, what do you mean freebie?? you have my total attention, and to everyone else thanks for all the positive feedback, i am tired of dealing with LFS.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Marcus71
slea, what do you mean freebie?? you have my total attention, and to everyone else thanks for all the positive feedback, i am tired of dealing with LFS.

After you reach a certain dollar amount they have different levels of freebies you can chose from. I am currently on level 4 and some of the things I can chose are: orange linckia star, yellow tang, anthias, tree sponge, many more that I can't remember off hand.

saltwater8

Just to twist the topic a bit...
Has anyone not been happy with something they purchased here (not good color, frayed fins, etc.) and SWF took care of it somehow?
Just wondering...