Anyone dissatisfied with ZOOMED powerheads?

S

starfishjackedme

I have several of these "sweeping" wave-maker powerheads and they don't do sheit. I am constantly having problems with the sweeper getting stuck. There is not any algae or encrusting substances on these pieces. Does anyone else have these probs?
I have the Powersweep 212 & 226 models.
Anyone have the same probs with these powerheads? They would be great if they worked(*cough* yeah right!!!)

fshhub

i have read many reviews on these powerheads, and all of them say the same thing, we have non, because of this reason
HTH

S

starfishjackedme

I am thinking they would look pretty good sitting in the bottom of the trash can (smashed to pieces).

birdy

Mine worked for about 2 hours now they don't move. I wish I'd done a little more research on them! :mad:

broomer5

They eventually stop sweeping.
Just use them as standard powerhead or toss them in the trashcan.
I unfortunatley have 3 of these p.o.s. powerheads.
Broomer

nasotang00

Bummer, I was just about to get two of them. Is there any other power head on the market that will do the sweeping feature? It is a shame, I would rather be able to use this feature than have to spend a hundred on special powerheads and a wave timer.

broomer5

Naso,
If you want to you can get some decent MaxiJets, size determined by your tank requirements, and some inexpensive multi-set timers. You can do an pretty good job "simulating" a wave timer set up on a budget.

justinl

I actually seem to be the only one who likes these things. Sure, after a while mine might get stuck due to gunk buildup, but I just clean them and in a minute they work fine again.
I don't think they're POS at all.
They do a great job of stirring up the water on the tank surface.

crispcritr

i have had mine for three months and i have had to take them out twice. rinse them with freshwater let them dry and put them back in.

whipple

i have a 212 model that i saw and had to have and had it 4 months now, sweep works great but the volumes suck it dont pump for ----.