anyone else having problems with the search tool?

krishj39

Yesterday I tried to do a few searches on this site and I didn't get ANY results. I tried basic stuff like, "reef," and it still told me there was no results. So, I figured the search tool was just down at the moment. Anyway, I am trying it again today, and now all it will give me is results from posts made today (and it is still set to find posts from any time). I have tried on my computer at home and my computer at work which makes me think it isn't just my computer. Is anyone else having problems with this? I have many parts of this site that don't work for me, if I can't use the search function that may be a final straw for me.

krishj39

I actually tried that, exactly that, searched for "search" and didn't get anything. That was 10 minutes ago.

krishj39

weird, yup, I get 10 now. though most of them are in reference to someone telling someone else to do a search, not that the search function is messed up, but that is besides the point. Thanks Kip, very glad to know it isn't just me. I have a number of other issues that do seem to be unique to my account (I get an email telling me someone responded to one of my subscribed threads, even though I have that option turned off, I am also frequently unsubscribed to threads after only a few hours and I have to go hunt the threads down again, also, I used to be automatically subscribed to any thread I post in, but now I have to do it all manually). Anyway, I've been told that since I'm the only one having those issues, there isn't anything anyone can do. But, because everyone is dealing with no search fuction, I'm confident it'll get fixed.

kreach

Originally posted by krishj39
I used to be automatically subscribed to any thread I post in, but now I have to do it all manually).

I have the same problem...

T

thomas712

I just tried searching for Instant Ocean and only came up with the one thread. There has to be tons, somewhere.

lovethesea

I did a search on HLLE and only came up with reference that I made for someone else. When I came on yesterday briefly, it was acting strangely, very slow and didn't some back to main page if you hit your back button. Didn't get on until later and seemed fine except for search part. Must have had some tech
problems. Someone a few days ago suggested we had a hacker!!
( ??:rolleyes: ) maybe it was that ;)

oregonbud

Lovethesea - that person that mentioned that was not someone I think anyone on here would trust - give you a hint his name starts with a

[hr]
and ends in a fish ;)
It's likely vBulletin is just being goofy and their code is jacked up somewhere - wouldn't be the first time :)

lovethesea

yep, I know, I was j/k .I was caught up in his psychoness (if thats a word) in another post, I called him on somethings and he started blaming.
his completely inappropriate remarks to a hacker.
:rolleyes: Someone forgot to medicate him for the few weeks he was here:D
thank goodness sharks gobbled him up for dinner :eek:

lovethesea

yeah, if you look back at them, it looks like WE are the CRAZY ones because his posts were deleted. It looks like we are talkin'
nuts! But you can tell the by our reactions that he was completely outta line on several of his posts for those few days. Like I said
medication, medication, medication!! :D ;)

D

daniel411

Originally posted by lovethesea
yeah, if you look back at them, it looks like WE are the CRAZY ones because his posts were deleted. It looks like we are talkin'
nuts!

LOL, I missed the middle of that thread, went back to it... and was very confused!