Anyone else like firefish?

broomer5

krux,
I love firefish.
Unfortunately mine went M.I.A. last year.
I have and idea where it went - but no proof.
I may get another someday.
Very cool little guys !

jacksonpt

I loooove purple fire fish. I've been waiting to find a decent deal before I get a pair for my tank. My LFS sells them for $45ea. I'm going to order some, but I gotta wait till I have an order that makes it worth paying the shipping costs.
BTW... nice pic, beautiful fish.

junbug1970

i have my firefish from lfs for $17 and he is my fav beside my mandarin goby and scooter blenny. Firefish you can only placed with extremely passive fish, otherwise they would never come out and die of starvation.
i used to have yellow tang and he would stick his head out about 2 inches from the rock work and that would be it. when i finally took my tang out, he swam around more, but they are very skittish.
make sure you feed them when they are out, otherwise they would starve

T

thomas712

Love em. Still have not gotten the most perfect pic of mine yet, I'm using the Cannon G5 camera.

ross

Those are some really nice fish especially the purple ones. I am thinking about getting a couple for my 84g. Would they do ok with a royal gramma, 2 percs, a flame angel and a yellow or purple tang. I really like them but i don't want them if they will just hide and not come out. Ohh yea i have about 75lbs of lr.

Y

yae4volcom

I love them. A red Fire Fish is going to be my second fish. I was looking around online and they have an extremely rare fire fish from figi that is 200 DOLLARS. It looks really cool though but what if it died?

T

thomas712

You would be out $200 clams and you would also be one unhappy camper. Better to buy a school of fire fish and enjoy them for that kind of mulla.

the claw

Exactly! THats some pretty expensive carpet surfin material.
My Purple is in with Purple, Yellow, and Whitecheek tangs, Flame angel, Percula, and a Strawberry Pseudochromis. It does fine. The psuedochromis is the only one that ever tries to attack, but the tank is big enough for him not to be stressed.

ross

So thats a yes on them. I would probably get 2. Do you think i should add them to the tank first so they would have their own territory before any other fish were in there. What do you guys feed yours? Also where did you get yours at. A lfs or online? If its online you can email me the place at bassmaster15@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help.

the claw

That would be a good idea to add them first, or before you add any aggressors. I have never had much luck keeping a pair. Mine eats what I feed the rest of the tank. (Mysis, Brine etc.)

ross

Ok so do i have to have a pair like clownfish. The description on swf.com says they like company of there own kind but i didn't think you had to buy a pair. Can i just buy 2 and they pair up or what? Thanks for the help.

the claw

Like I said, I've never had much luck keeping a pair. I had one pair for awhile that I got on-line. I just requested that they send me a pair. They stayed pretty close together, but one was definately dominant. Then one day, one passed on.

coloradodeb

Mine is a camera addict.....It stays out in the open constantly, and when I am trying to scrutinize my tank....he is right in front of me!@! lol