anyone else notice this?

rsd

Just curious if anyone's tank does this aswell:
1) Monthly cycle of cop's/amph's/shrimp/and "plankton".
My last light turns off at 11pm. @ 12-12:30 the water begins to cloud with little buggers. by 1 am water litterally cloudy. by 3am clear as bell.
5am to 8 am does it again. Lights on starting at 9:30
But it cycles with the month. No-moon = no/little animal surge.
I think its cool, but does anyone else see their tanks do this?
2) Also My magnum and water fall are huge breeding grounds for limpets and chitons. I began counting today in the magnum and stopped at 125 because I lost count. They spread everywhere!
3) Tank appears to be "snowing" at night with flashlight... the "snow" doesn't seem to be alive, more like detritus in the water column... but not there in the day even when I shut off the lights and use flashlight.
Sorry for length of thread... just been on my mind if anyone else sees this.

It may very well be detritus being stirred up by the fish, as they "settle in" for the night. The kalk drip is also a very good possibility. Or it could be a swarming of feeding pods, and such.

rsd

I'm not using kalk... I've thought about the fish stirring stuff up. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the big critter increase in the water column at night.
Anyone know how to limpet proof the mechanics of your waterfall... I get tired of the occasional rattling of a limpet getting into the impeller part of the intake. As soon as I remove one, another seems to find its way there.