Anyone else Roomba?

J

jstdv8

I'm surprised to see so many of you have these things. Do you have the ones that do your lawn too?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/380132/anyone-else-roomba/40#post_3333487
I'm surprised to see so many of you have these things. Do you have the ones that do your lawn too?

I have a roomba that does the garage and another for the house..unfortunatly since I now own two German Shepherd dogs the hair is too much for them to handle, so it's back to the old vacuum for me. I never heard of one for the lawn.

J

jstdv8

Ugg, just wrote out a really long story and it didnt post. This is getting old SWF.com come on!
anyways
i used to work at Home Depot in MN and we had these mowers for sale 999.00
we sold two ever.
One guy came back a week or so later and said his mower was stolen while it was out mowing the yard. van pulled up and threw the mower in running and all.
Story #2
A rep from Toro was at a Home Depot accross town in MN doing a demo on these little guys. had the mower all set up on a piece of astro turf and a wire around it and its in there bouncing around doing its thing.
Well some of you may be aware that they make brakes for things like table saws that whenever they contact a human body part they throw a really fast brake that stops the blad and prevents you from missing digits. usually resulting in a much smaller owee.
Well, supposedly these mowers are suppodes to have such a brake built into them.
So the toro rep is doing his demo and he sticks his hand in where the blade is and cuts off all four of his fingers, blade never stops.
Hows that for a demonstration?
Please god let this post this time!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/380132/anyone-else-roomba/40#post_3333558
Ugg, just wrote out a really long story and it didnt post. This is getting old SWF.com come on!
anyways
i used to work at Home Depot in MN and we had these mowers for sale 999.00
we sold two ever.
One guy came back a week or so later and said his mower was stolen while it was out mowing the yard. van pulled up and threw the mower in running and all.
Story #2
A rep from Toro was at a Home Depot accross town in MN doing a demo on these little guys. had the mower all set up on a piece of astro turf and a wire around it and its in there bouncing around doing its thing.
Well some of you may be aware that they make brakes for things like table saws that whenever they contact a human body part they throw a really fast brake that stops the blad and prevents you from missing digits. usually resulting in a much smaller owee.
Well, supposedly these mowers are suppodes to have such a brake built into them.
So the toro rep is doing his demo and he sticks his hand in where the blade is and cuts off all four of his fingers, blade never stops.
Hows that for a demonstration?
Please god let this post this time!
OUCH!
I have had this problem as well. I keep Microsoft word up at all times. I type what I want to post, spell check it (most times) then copy paste..if it doesn't post I can re-copy and paste. It makes posting slower but not as bad as retyping everything.

J

jstdv8

I just realized that it only happens when all the icons are missing in the reply box at the top. If you refresh they usually come back adn you can post jsut fine.
You'd think it wouldn't be that ahrd to fix uggghhh, its not a wonder we suddenly have alot lower traffic here.
Too bad too cuz the people are wonderful :)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/380132/anyone-else-roomba/40#post_3333611
I just realized that it only happens when all the icons are missing in the reply box at the top. If you refresh they usually come back adn you can post jsut fine.
You'd think it wouldn't be that ahrd to fix uggghhh, its not a wonder we suddenly have alot lower traffic here.
Too bad too cuz the people are wonderful :)

I don't think it has anything to do with the site at all. It's the time of year and the older members have moved on. Now that it's getting cold folks may hang out more on the computer. The economy played it's role in dropping the numbers as well. The people on this site are indeed wonderful beyond words.

J

jstdv8

maybee, I refered several local reefers to the site at our frag swaps and most of them are VERY active posters on our frag swap forum but they only posted a few times here and then moved to otehr sites i guess. So that makes me wonder, they never said anything, just don't post.
We have another frag swap coming up on the 18th, i'll ask the two i know the best and see what they have to say.
it migth be fourtunate that they don't post here like they do on the frag swap forum, while some of it is helpful and shows cool pics some of it borders on BURRITO STYLE!
not anything you can't understand, just nonsensical stuff that doesnt pertain to fish (like roombas for instance LOL

stdreb27

lots of it has to do with the site, they just haven't found good forum website. VB went down hill, and although this one has tons of toys, it has it's quirks. And well most of them seem to involve killing posts...
Btw what ever happened to the roomba mower salesman with no fingers? I really REALLY hope that they had a HUGE settlement... I've seen them demo that braking system on table saws and stuff. With hotdogs. But that is a $2000 demo basically... (that god for TV and high speed video cameras)

J

jstdv8

to be honest I don't know if it is in fact true, I wasnt there and never heard anymore about it. I heard it from another garden associate who heard it from one of their associates or something, you know how it goes, for all I know it never happened. I do knwo that the Toro rep WAS at that store doing a demo that day as there was one at our store the day before doing a demo.