anyone elses boating addiction destroyed ur tank ?

who dey

I bought an 06 bayliner 22ft bowrider last april and swear i used it everyday last summer not getting docked til late and coming home tired from water skiing to mess with my tank.
well, i paid the price and lost thousands in coral due to hair algae, cyano, diatoms, flat worm explosion, u freakin name it... it happened (u couldn't even see in the tank!!). I finally got my tank back to displayable levels and am very proud of my comback and very ashamed of the neglect
anyone else hop from one hobby to the other??
fun with friends

tx reef

I have a 26' Columbia Sailboat.....never had any problems taking care of the tank though....

who dey

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I have a 26' Columbia Sailboat.....never had any problems taking care of the tank though....

thats a great boat!!! i sailed 27ft catalina's through the north channel of lake huron for a month when i was in sailing camp a decade ago

ruaround

yup... disc golf, volley ball, photography and water skiing take up ALOT of my time in the summer!!!
here is my boat at Lake Powell early this summer...

tearin it up...

ruaround

it is indeed a Nautique!!! its a 2000...
here is the private lake we ski at...

here is me around the 4 ball... 15 off 32 MPH... i didnt quite make the 5 though...

wangotango

im much more of a tubing fan myself, much rougher (especially when we do 40
) anyone do barefooted water skiing? and yes, my tank doesnt get the attention during the summer as it does during the winter. im in my pool all summer, not my tank. i still do water changes though.

who dey

Originally Posted by WangoTango
im much more of a tubing fan myself, much rougher (especially when we do 40
) anyone do barefooted water skiing? and yes, my tank doesnt get the attention during the summer as it does during the winter. im in my pool all summer, not my tank. i still do water changes though.
u ever been on one of these bad boys??

ruaround

Originally Posted by WHO DEY
what size inboard??
GT-40 (351) with 310 HP... its all low end... it goes about 48 top speed...
WangoTango... my buddies and i spent an entire summer learning to barefoot... one of the funnest yet most painful summers of my life... i face planted soo many times a 40+ MPH i actually gave myself a concusion... we were deep water starting and using a long rope... we then borrowed boom and it made all the difference in the world...

who dey

Originally Posted by ruaround
GT-40 (351) with 310 HP... its all low end... it goes about 48 top speed...
WangoTango... my buddies and i spent an entire summer learning to barefoot... one of the funnest yet most painful summers of my life... i face planted soo many times a 40+ MPH i actually gave myself a concusion... we were deep water starting and using a long rope... we then borrowed boom and it made all the difference in the world...
very nice. I'm a big fan of low end torque on a boat. my 350 merc is pretty much mid of the line on torque and top end. Changing prop pitch this season to hopefully help out on that

tx reef

I have seen videos of those. They look real fun.
The thing I like most about my sailboat is you can throw one heck of a party on it and 5 gallons of gas will last me the summer.... :hilarious

seannmelly

ive seen them havnt been on 1 but they look sweet....dangerous too.

ruaround

these were banned here... to many injuries... i didnt get the chance to try one out...

who dey

Originally Posted by ruaround
these were banned here... to many injuries... i didnt get the chance to try one out...
i couldn't get it off the ground very well the day i tried it (too windy, was all over the place). My friend has one, he's a lawyer and has peeps sign a waiver b4 they get on.

who dey

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I have seen videos of those. They look real fun.
The thing I like most about my sailboat is you can throw one heck of a party on it and 5 gallons of gas will last me the summer.... :hilarious
spent $$3,000 in fuel this past summer

lindilou

My dad and his friends grew up barefooting. I haven't tried yet. Kinda scared to cause I'm a klutz. I'm the one that always manages to break something when trying those types of things. I broke an arm snowboarding 6 years ago. Still go snowboarding, though when I get the chance.