anyone elses Choco Chip do this??

saltymom

Pin down the lettuce clip like this???
a half sheet of seaweed select last night after lights go off...
and here he comes! Sucks up on the whole thing!

saltymom

the lawnmower n the maroon be jealous if I dont post thier pics up too... the camera hogs all gotta get in the picture everytime I get the camera out!
SMILE Group SHOT!

H

hewetton

Yeah, mine was like yours. It had a predilection for algae for some reason. It ate everything, including diatom, brown algae, algae sheets....etc

bas12547

Do you have corals in with your chocolate chip star? I thought that I saw some in the picture. I have always thought that I could not have corals because I have one.

saltymom

Thank you Daman. I tried three different sets of percula over the past year..with now luck. I have had this guy for around four months now. He is getting really big. He loves my mushrooms and even feeds them for me! lol
hewetton. It does eat! alot...
Bas12547 yeap..I have corals. Lots of them.. I know..supposedly they are NOT reef safe. So far he has never bothered anything, that I can tell. Im not saying he hasnt munched on sumthings..but I have never seen him on any of my corals. He cruises the rocks occassionly, but mostly hangs out on the glass..he has been in there just less than a year. Be a year December 10th or so.
We do feed it large meaty portions regularly. shrimp, krill, lobster, octipus..etc. I think it may have learned that we feed it! Im sure it has. It might possibly even be spoiled!?!LOL< I dont know! I would assume they learn behavior like where to go for food.
The only thing Ive ever seen it do I didnt really care for..is, every once in awhile, it will pin down the snails and suck them from thier shells if it can. but thats only rarely I notice it doing that on the sandbed...and sumtimes I see it over a snail on the glass...but the snail wont give up..and then it moves on.

O

osufarker

Mine does the same thing. I always thought it was unusal because they are supposedly carnivorous.