Anyone ever frag a pavona coral like this?

jackri

It's the one on the right -- I'd like to frag it -- thinking just cutting a chunk off but this pavona is not what I would call a typical coral for fragging. The store I bought it from -- top notch lfs -- said it's very slow growing but it was only half alive (10 dollar frag) and now its grown over the dead spots and plug and actually has really good growth IMO. It's hairy, fuzzy, parts of it droop like it almost drips but if anyone has fragged one or knows more about it any info would be awesome

meowzer

Is that coraline on the glass

IDK anything about fragging...just stopping by to say nice pavona...I don't think I've seen one before

oceana

frag away. very hardy over all and easy to frag. your best off using a dremel on low spead to avoid to much heat transer or by using a extension so you can use a water drip to keep it cool. or if you dont have any of that you can just break off a peice. should not have any trouble.

jackri

Thanks

I want to frag a piece and attach it to live rock in my main tank and put the plug in my frag tank -- trying to go plug free in my main tank as they don't fit anywhere nice