anyone ever get corals from pacific east aquaculter

raymond2688

searching for different sites i found them and never realized they were down the road from me. I went there yesterday.....wow what an operation. everything you could imagine. I never seen so many corals of various kinds. i wont post the link i just was curious (and excited).

koon7

I ordered from them in july, got the 12 pack they offer, great corals, small frags though. Got some nice sps, and a few nice brain corals.

pinstripe

Yes, I also live near this store, and you are right, what an operation this guy has. He actually flies to the Solomons and works with the locals to help support the community. In exchange, he gets some of the most unbelievable stuff!
I'll let you in on a secret though, I hope this isn't in violation of any posting rule
. Not all the stuff that is shown for sale online, especially the "Collectors Reserve" is available at the store. There is actually a more intense facility, not open to the public (i'm guessing his house) that keeps these things. To get them in-store, I was told by the staff that you have to call a week or so ahead, or, you can just order online.
Unless you are buying something super-colored or super-rare, the place really isn't worth it. For the money, you can get your average colored, more common frags from any LFS or this website
, for less money AND you'll get a bigger frag. Also, the "piece of the reef" is a cool concept, but if you buy 1 rock with 5 corals on it, some will eventually die (happended to me when some LPS tissues started going to war with each other) due to lack of space, even if it's well placed in the aquarium. Buy frags seperately, besides, it looks more natural that way.