anyone ever sell plasma?

bronco300

i dont think its much the first time...but the more you go it increases....but i'm not 100% sure on that

patandlace

When I was in the Air Force in Mississippi I went twice a week. I think they would give me $25 the first time and $15 the second or something like that. That was about 6 years ago.

skipperdz

most places are 50-60 bucks a week if u go twice a week...and switch arms each visit dont wanna look like a heroin addict ( no offense to the heroin addicts here on swf.com ) you know who u are

xdave

Yes they pay more the first time. Look in the help wanted ads to see if there is a coupon. Take a rubber ball to squeeze. If they ask you if you have a favorite sticker don't say you don't care or you'll get the person that needs the practice. Tell them your new and nervous and they'll give you the old pro.
You wont get much money but it pays well per hour considering you'll just lay there and watch a movie.

X

xnikki118x

Here in PA, if you go twice a week you get $20 the first time and $30 the second time, so you get 20 then 30 then 20 then 30. I tried it once and it made me so sick I never went back. I get lightheaded and sometimes faint during whole blood donations, but nothing compared to when I sold my plasma. It was weird.

skipperdz

well when u donate blood u donate rbc ( red blood cells ) they carry oxygen. so when u donate u lose oxygen carrying potential...ie weak lightheaded. when u sell plasma you keep ur rbc's and just lose plasma water/platlets so u dont get weak and lightheaded

johnbob

Originally Posted by sign guy
I heard that they pay around 500 for bone marrow
How often can you donate bone marrow safely? :thinking:

X

xnikki118x

Originally Posted by skipperdz
well when u donate blood u donate rbc ( red blood cells ) they carry oxygen. so when u donate u lose oxygen carrying potential...ie weak lightheaded. when u sell plasma you keep ur rbc's and just lose plasma water/platlets so u dont get weak and lightheaded
Exactly why I thought it was so weird when I got sick from selling plasma.

skipperdz

that is kind of wierd...they do offer snacks to get the sugar up afterwards. sometimes wehn they send the rbcs back the liquid they send it back in is cold...that can make you feel wierd.

zrocker

Originally Posted by Bronco300
i dont think its much the first time...but the more you go it increases....but i'm not 100% sure on that
The place I use to do it gave a $20 first time bonus. XDave mentioned this but the poster in PA mentioned a 20/30 schedule.
I always felt ill after wards so I only did it 2 or 3 times.
Needed money very badly for a date. Also did it once for the free VD tests.
Some use to take dates there to see if they were clean.
Okay I did it 3 times because the first time my drinking buddies talked me into it. They would donate and then go out drinking. Well, I felt to ill to drink but wasn't enough to stop me from donating a couple of more times.

the j.o.p.

i heard bone marrow donations hurts like crazy!!!!!!! not worth the money. i would only do it to save a friends life.

30-xtra high

our school does it, if you are in 11th or 12th you can do it. if you're 149 lbs or under you can go once a week. and if you're 150+ you can go twice a week. they do it for a month or two each year. and every time you do it you get 40$, and if you just wunna donate blood you get 20$. i hope i gain 15 pounds in the next 2 years, so i can donate twice a week! for those of you who can't count... thats 320$ a month for getting a reverse shot. and if you faint... you get to go home with a juice box and a big cookie!

jmick

Originally Posted by watson3
Do you need a job?
Sounds like it huh?
I have about 2 months of frozen dog poop in my back yard, would pay you $40 to clean it up....gonna be an ugly thaw!

1journeyman

I did it once... gave me the hebee jebbees. Especially when they injected the saline solution and I could feel it spreading through my body.... will never do that again