Anyone Ever Start A Local Tank

aquaknight

Homeslice in my avatar (Spiny Burrfish) was caught locally.

As a kid, I caught and kept all types of fish. Unfortunately the tank was merely a 29gal with an undergravel filter, some dead coral, and a HOB filterpad filter. Nothing really lived long. The best memory of one I have was a mangrove snapper juvi that lasted a while.
Currently I have the Spiny Burrfish and a Southern Puffer that were personally collected. Both are about year and half in our care.

COOL
I was snorkeling with my sons and tons of baby Pompano gather around when u stir the sand....couldnt help but wonder...Hmmmm...

gharner

I have always wanted a local tank (im from pa so theres no ocean....but we go to delaware/maryland alot). this year i finally did it. I started out with a bunch of small gobies, a northern clingfish, a pipefish, some random minnows, hermits, snails, and 2 baby oyster toad fish. The largest toadfish pretty much cleaned up the rest of the crew (i expected that). my largest toadfish is about 4 inches now and his tankmates that he hasnt eaten include 1 banded goby, northern clingfish, snails, hermits. I plan on converting over some mollies to act as food for the toadfish so it wont be completely local anymore. next summer im gonna collect a bunch of sheepshead minnows and hope they breed for feeding purposes. well see

reelemin

i got a 40 gallon that i stock with local fish..love it because when they get to big i can just let them go!!love going diving for fish its so much fun.
i have a bunch of angels and alantic tangs,butterflies.... all kinds of stuff..be carefull and qt them i have lost alot of fish because i didnt..
you live in marco island !!!!!! get out there dude you have a whole fish store for picking,just do it responable and check fwc laws there very strict they will mess you up!!! and you will have the best tank ever..
no alot of reef safe fish so set up just a fowler and it will be the bomb get a snorkel and a clear net and your in biz
that baby pomp would be cool i had a couple jacks at one time just watch out for fwc that pomp is considered an undersized fish and you will get in trouble..