Anyone ever take the Myers Briggs Personality Test?

jtt

My boss made me and 4 other people in the office take the Myers Briggs personality test so he could understand us more or something... apparently I came out as an INTJ.... but I think I disagree with my test results...
INTJ - Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.
I know that I am Skeptical and independent, and i know that When committed, I can organize a job and carry it through, but it takes a lot to get me committed. I do have very high standards though... I dont know...
Has anyone else ever taken the Myers Briggs? what were your results?

aquaknight

ISTJ -- Just took two online, same outcome.
ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

ophiura

OH yes, very commonly given in management courses. I took it and asked the team leaders reporting to me to take it and they gave it to some of their groups. It can be very useful for understanding motivation and how best to train people, etc. A fascinating thing if you have a large group is to break into personality types and be asked to do a task. We were asked to draw up an invitation to a party. The ISTJs had loads of bullet points with every possible detail, whereas the ENFPs just had a pretty picture with no details at all (eg when, where, why). No one even realized it until we discussed it. Absolutely fascinating. I love personality studies like that, and it helps a great deal in managing people (that is, if you actual care that your employees are not made from cookie cutters).
I am an ISTJ, very strong on the I (introvert), but obviously to make it in management I have to push that aside.
the problem with the test is you can't think about it too much, and you may be different things at different points (eg my work versus outside work).
For me it is fascinating and spot on. The first word to describe me was "systematic" and in fact I was a systematic biologist (that is the term for what I did). I think there was another thing that said ISTJ was an "organizer of life" and again, that is exactly what I ended up doing.
Remember though it is a continuum and you are part of the other catagories as well to some degree...when the test is given formally they may give the numbers and show where you are on the continuum, so you could be very borderline in some cases and have strong bits of the "other side"

stdreb27

INTJ
probably correct. This is strange in the past I've scored more in the middle of everything.

ophiura

Originally Posted by orion3814
http:///forum/post/3034096
Istj
because of our hobbies we all will b close to the same just my opinion
Or perhaps more likely...in our "approach" to the hobby. EG I suspect ISTJs are more into testing and the "rules" of the hobby, whereas some other personality types may be different (eg possibly more willing to try things that in general have failed to see if it can be done a different way).

nw2salt08

ENFJ-Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging. The best job for an ENFJ is a teacher. Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey,Pope John Paul II,Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are all ENFJ's.

flpriest

ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority

devil dog

I'm a ENTJ... I dont know if its a good thing or bad...?

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out."
ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

ruaround

i am an ENTJ - Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
ask the same 5 questions 10 different ways...