Anyone familiar with Reeflux MH Retro Kits

tangman99

I have found a new Reeflux metal halide retro kit (250W electronic ballast, parabolic reflector with choice of 250 watt 10K or 12K bulb). Does anyone have any experience with Reeflux equipment that can tell me if it is any good? I know there may be better but the deal on this is very good.
Also, I am putting this on a 90 Gallon tank (24" deep) but has about a 4" - 5" sandbed so it is only about 20" deep altogether. What is the most common choice (250W or 400W) if I want to keep clams and not be limited on my corals? I will be supplementing with 2 Actinic VHO bulbs also.
Also, what should I consider in choosing between a 10K and 12K bulb?
Thanks.

scarr105

What kind of deal $$$$ and where. I'm looking for 2 250watt 10k MH retro for my 55 gallon. I've been told to try and get 8-9 watts per gallon and you won't have trouble keeping anything.

db

Coralvue's equipment is a of good quality. Those Reeflux bulbs are a brand new line and people are raving about their SE 10K bulb. You would be good with two 250's on a 90 gallon. The 10K's burn crisp white with a hint of blue on their electronic ballasts. They have very good PAR as well on those ballasts. I say it's a good deal get them.