Anyone from Michigan

I am looking to buy more lr (50 lbs or so), the lfs near me has good lr, but it is $12.00/lb, so I already have over $500.00 in lr and only have about 50lbs. They are also always trying to sell you anything just to make a buck. In fact, they sold this couple a pair of seahorses, their tank was only 3 weeks old or so, not even cycled, the sales lady said it was just fine, sold them the horses, a box to feed them in, food and some other stuff, and then laughed after they left, saying how they were going to have so many problems.
Anyone know of a good place to purchase lr? or good livestock once I am ready?
Thanks

starkissed

I am in michigan.... there is lots of stores on this side of the state... My local store sells at $6 lb. for some decent stuff. I am not sure how far you are from the south east end of michigan.

starkissed

I don't think we are allowed to give names on here, but e-mail me at lesliemarie16@hotmail.com ... I can give you the name of the local site I go to like this one, but it is only ppl from michigan ..... also I can give you the name of a few stores and s michigan store listing. my e-mail is lesliemarie16@hotmail.com I am going to some LFS in a an hour or so so I will let you know if I see any good prices

Also check the site Starkissed is talking about for fellow reefers that are selling liverock. There is usually someone there that is selling it. There is also a big swap coming up 1-21-07 that I'm sure you would like, lots of great people, great information and just plain fun!!

Hopefully I dont get in trouble with this one but since its not a commercial website and doesnt pose as competition for this site really...try Mi but spell it out add Reefers and dot and com.

ineedhelp

nicetanknofish e-mail me im in jackson mi. and i know the fish store you are talking about and i got mine her for 6 a pound u just have 2 go in at certian times and i went there one night and this guy sold it 2 me for $12 a rock!!!!! so i got 10 pounds for $24 like i siad e-mail me i can answere your question blbabbs@yahoo.com