Anyone from Northeastern, Pa.?

gurgle

Anyone from Northeastern , Pa. have any fragmented pieces or anything they don't want or cheap? See ,I'm in the proccess of getting my 150 gal. set up for reef. I have a 75 going now for over 2 yrs., so I can put it in there 'till it is fully cycled. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

psusocr

Im From Pittston,,,,i dont got anythign for you but do you know hwo to set up filtration systems?? if so there will be some money in it for you!!

psusocr

its for a 180 gallon aggressive,, just a wet/dry fliter and some protien skimmers etc. i dont know how to set them up

pyro

Hey, I'm not from NE PA, but I'm from SW PA. I live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. I dont' have any frags yet, my first 2 corals (red mushrooms and green start polyps) are just now starting to grow pretty good. I'll keep you updated if you want.

gurgle

Hey , psusocr, if you need help with the set-up email me directly at candie462@msn.com . We should be able to get everything up & running for you. Sorry, I don't check my e-mail daily...:happyfish

gurgle

Also, thanks, pyro, you can use the last replied e-mail add. when you have anything , thanks so much...:jumping:

reefdweler

Hey guy's I am new to reef tanks live in NE PA as well in the wilkes barre area. I finanlyy found some folks from my neck of the woods. I have a 35 hex that holds 45 gals with a filter (ceramic bio-balls, and carbon bag), and one powerhead. No LS or LR at the moment. any sugestions on what to do next? It already has water in it with a 1.025 salinaty.

reefdweler

:help: Hery guy's I have a question, might sound crazy or stupid but I don't know so I ask. Coraline Algae on rock, when you take the rock out of the water does the coraline disappear and turn white or does it stayand keep its color, but just dry out? I bought a piece of coral rock from the LFS to use as base rock in my tank. It was one of there tanks from another store. It has green and purple colors which they said was coraline but now that I have it home I am not sure, thinking it might be painted.

M

mbm28

im in the philly area. corraline algae turns white if left in the dark/air for any extended period of time (as little as an hour or two for air exposure). i assure you it wasn't painted on (who would do that? corraline algae grows FAST). it will grow back if you give it calcium, alkalinity, and the appropriate lighting.

reefdweler

Hey guy's that rock was actually Caribsea's Look Alive base rock. I did a search and found then I went back to the store and asked them where it came from. Carib says it's supposed to seed faster because of it being very porous, I don't know we will see.By the way any-one in or around Edwardsville, Wilkes-Barre, Kingston area have any sand?I need about 1 cup of some live sand to help seed the sand I have,I will pay if need be. I hope I am not hijacking. :cheer:

puffer32

I am outsde philly and might be selling off everything in my tank, and maybe my tank if the buyer doesn't want an inwall tank and we have to patch up the hole when we move in afew months, any interest???

reefdweler

Where outside of phillie are you?HOw soon you want it gone? How much you asking?How much rock you have and how long has it been in your tank? I can use some LR rock.
Reef Dweller

puffer32

Hold on for abit
this is all a big maybe. We are putting the house on the market after christmas, since the tank is an in wall, we are giving any prospective buyer the option to buy the tank. If they don't want it, then i will possibly consider taking it all with me to texas, but thats really not feasable since we would have to tear the tank down about week before the move to patch up the wall for new owner, and i would have no tank to keep the corals, rocks etc in till we take off a week or later. All i am saying is I will have alot of stuff for sale if new owner doesn't buy it, I will know nothing until we get a buyer, it would just be easier to sell tank as is so we don't have to fix the hole and lug it all with us. Everything is up in the air right now, if you are still interested when we decide, I will consider offers for stuff.

reefdweler

What is the asking price ? How many bedrooms, bathrooms? Basement no basement, bilevel, ranch, townhouse, colonial?