Anyone from S. California?

jimm

I was wondering if anyone was from Southern California, specifially around Newport.
What LFS do you use?

ktwheet

I'm unfortunately not, but I might be in the near future. I am applying to graduate schools in clinical psychology and both UCLA and University of Southern California are on my list. I'm curious to know where the people who post on this board live...

kmr

I am from the South Bay, Redondo area. I moved to dreary Western Washington 5 years ago so can't recommend a store. I sure do miss it and am thinking of moving back. More music down there. I sure hate the thought of moving my reef though.
Good luck on your search.

meanteen

I live in Redondo beach, i know the best fish store with a huge veriety, but the only problem is that it is located 427 S. inglewood hindry ave 90301 its a pritty long drive but its so worth it the place is called aquatic outlet and u could get derections at *Link Removed*.

shu-perman

I live in Orange....
Costa Mesa there is a good LFS "Jeffs Exotic's"(also have a store in Orange and main warehouse in Gardena or something like that)
"Tongs" in HB/Fountain Valley haven't been there in a while but I think they are off Brookhurt
Tustin 5 frwy and Newport...."Window to the Sea" is a good lfs for info....smart guy but his selection is limited(atleast when I've been in)
Placentia "Fish Collection"...great selection and prices

joker_ca

Originally Posted by meanteen
427 S. inglewood hindry ave 90301 its a pritty long drive but its so worth it the place is called aquatic outlet [/i].

i have heard that they rip you off, from friends and other stores :thinking:

k7230o

I live in Torrance, ca. I drive all the way down to Tongs tropical fish. They have by far the most reasonable prices and great selections of coral around here. They are off of the 405 frwy. The crossstreet are Warner and Magnolia. Jeffs exotic fish is a little pricey. The Reef collection by South coast plaza has awsome displays of corals. Huge selection but there corals are way too expensive.

dragonboy

I'm in Westmisnter. I go to Exotic Fish in Costa Mesa, Pacific Reef, Fish By the Sea in Hungtington, Reef Collection and then there is Tong which is probably the most expensive of any of those other stores but they do carry alot of nice stuff.