Anyone from Texas?

joe123

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
I forgot to add... anyone on here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should check out DFWMAS online. It is the local Marine Aquarium Society and they have monthly meetings so all of us DFW marine fanatics can socialize and swap frags and get helpful info from each other, and tour each others tanks, etc. There is a meeting at the Irving Bible Church on January 28th. It's actually a seminar called "Next Wave" where there will be a few experts giving discussions on certain elements of the hobby, food, fellowship, and all else that goes along with putting coral crazy people together in the same room. The only downer to that is it is $35 per person, but it does run from 9AM to 5PM with food included!
Marc, aka MELEV is the President of DFWMAS and is the best resource for aquarium keepers in Dallas/Fort Worth. His website rocks! www.melevsreef.com
Hope I'm not violating the message board rules, just trying to be as much help as I can to my fellow DFW hobbyists.
THIS SITE IS SUPER AWESOME! i CANNOT SEE ANYTHING ELSE HE NEEDS OTHER THAN A DIVE SUIT TO SWIM WITH THE FISH

texasmetal

Oh yeah, and there's Fish Warehouse over by North East Mall, it's next to the Wells Fargo in a shopping strip. They have good prices and a nice selection.

blue20051

Tranquil Scapes, off Hwy-360 and Abrams, about 10 minutes away from Euless and probably my favorite store so far. The staff is excellent, very talkative and helpful and willing to please their customers. They have a ton of corals, and they will sell you frags for really cheap. I got Purple Ricordia, Green Ricordia, and Green Star Polyps for $5 each.
Hope that helps.
That place is AWESOME!!! I have been there a couple times, excellent corals and fish. I havent been there in a few days though. Do you know if they gotten anything new in yet?

joe123

Do Any Of You Have Anything For Sale or Trade? I Am Gonna Be Needing Some New Stuff For My Tank Soon, I Am Geting Bored With It......looks The Same For Too Long Now..... does any one haver any caulerpa or chaeto to get rid of? wanna start a refuge. thanks
e-mail at joestepdaddy@earthlink.net

albert7753

I'm a member of dfwmas in dallas. I am in mesquite so if anybody has anything they want to trade let me know.
I currently have a hammer 6 heads branching with purple/pink tips.
I also have a leather around 4 in across and a stem around 3-4 in.
I have pics so if your intrested let me know.
email - aduarte7753hotmail.com

blue20051

Any of you guys selling a tank between 75-100 gallon? I am looking for one, if you guys are selling or know someone who is please let me know.
Thanks!!

texasmetal

Originally Posted by blue20051
Any of you guys selling a tank between 75-100 gallon? I am looking for one, if you guys are selling or know someone who is please let me know.
Thanks!!
People sell and trade tanks and everything that go with them on the DFWMAS forum. Usually for real cheap.

milomlo

Originally Posted by Style23
any good LFS's in houston? i am relocating there within the next 6 months, and would like to know of a few good places, right now there is only 1, but im in a little town in Wisconsin...(i hate winter)
Village Tropical on Shepard is GREAT
Aquarium World off HWY 290 - great selection, but a little pricey IMO :scared:
City Pets
When you get here email me at miketracyowens@entouch.net and I will give you a site where you can meet locals and get a list of local stores.

blue20051

Originally Posted by albert7753
I'm a member of dfwmas in dallas. I am in mesquite so if anybody has anything they want to trade let me know.
I currently have a hammer 6 heads branching with purple/pink tips.
I also have a leather around 4 in across and a stem around 3-4 in.
I have pics so if your intrested let me know.
email - aduarte7753hotmail.com
I have a small True perc clownfish for sale/trade. Its about 1in long. If you want it, i will trade him for some corals or anything else. If you are interested let me know and i will email you.
I would like to give him away this weekend cause im getting a new fish.

blue20051

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
Where you at? Fish Warehouse sales Chaeto. I don't have enough to part with or I'd let you have some.
I have a small True perc clownfish for sale/trade. Its about 1in long. If you want it, i will trade him for some corals or anything else. If you are interested let me know and i will email you.
I would like to give him away this weekend cause im getting a new fish.
Or anyone else near ft worth who might want my true perc.