Anyone going to MACNA this year?

keith burn

Originally Posted by ShaneV
Just curious to see who all is coming to MACNA this year in Houston?
it,s in houston what date???

shanev

Its the biggest Marina Aquarium Conference .
Sept 22-24 .
Not sure if I can post the url here, but do a search for MACNA XVIII :)

sleasia

ShaneV ...have you been to one before? Is this a good conference?. I was wondering about attending something like this...I just didn't know what one would be most worthwhile to attend...What do you think?

shanev

I went to the one in DC last year, it was a great time. Lots of corals for sale, new product demos, great speakers.
Im actually part of the planning committee for this years :)

shanev

Yep, other big conference is iMac. Its already happened this year, wont be back till June 2007 in chicago. Ive never been to it so I cant give a first hand reference.

milomlo

I am going. Just wanted to give this a little bump and see if anyone else out there is coming.
***)

sleasia

I realy want to go...but it looks like the hotel is all booked already...I'll give them a call and see...I have never been to saltwater/marine conference...so it would be cool.

ninjamini

I think that is the responsibility of those who go to take picures and review new products and trends that are shown there.

shanev

Try calling, they are suppossed to bump the rooms up and make some available.
Originally Posted by sleasia
I realy want to go...but it looks like the hotel is all booked already...I'll give them a call and see...I have never been to saltwater/marine conference...so it would be cool.

puffer32

Originally Posted by ophiura
If you didn't go, you missed one HECK of a conference!!!

Ahhhhhhh shot! I wanted to go, but had to work
My lfs said he sold every frag he took, over 500 of them

puffer32

Originally Posted by ophiura
If you didn't go, you missed one HECK of a conference!!!

Ahhhhhhh shoot! I wanted to go, but had to work
My lfs said he sold every frag he took, over 500 of them

sleasia

Well...lots of excuses why I didn't go...couldn't get out of work...couldn't get a room....don't have my reef tank set up yet...plumbed the main tank to the basement...(what an ordeal to take on by myself)....so my christmas present this year will be reservations for next year's conference.... :joy:

S

stevenpro

MARSH did a fabulous job! This year's show was great! And, remember that next year it is in Pittsburgh September 14-16, 2007.