anyone got info on the flame angel?

rykac

I am intereested in getting a flame angel. I currently have 2 perc clowns and a goby. I am also wanting to add a yellow tang. Will the flame angel be a good addition? What is recommended to feed them? Are they reef safe? any info will be extremly helpfull!:)

russianspy

Reef safe depends on the fish, I'd say yes they are... a flame ina 75 w/ a YT, I think it might be crampt. They're grazers so feeding should be done, but they eat anything, there pigs.

rykac

If i get the flame angel in addition to the 2 pecr clown and the diamond goby, what whould be another good fish to add?

alison

:happyfish keep in mind flames are kinda sensative sometimes, so qt for sure, and be prepared for possible problems. I'm gettin one too, just thought I'd prepare ya.

rykac

what kind of problems? I am planning on QT what is a good lenght of time for it to be in the QT?

alison

Ya, 3 weeks is a proper time in qt, if there is no ick, if any ick is detected, then it's more like 6-8 weeks. The reason why I mentioned flames are kinda touchy is that, they can be touchy to get to acclimate, but once established are pretty hardy. They can be finicky to get to eat, and they have a tendancy to get outbreaks of ick when introduced, or when their environment changes, so that's all I wanted to warn ya about, but they are a great fish, and I'm for sure gettin one even with their touchiness. It's not like there even a quarter as bad as say a moorish or a blue ribbon eel, their just a little touchy is all. Good luck, ali