Anyone have a coralife skimmer??

quil

I also have a Coralife SS and it has been working pretty well since I set it up last week. My bubble diffuser also overflows, but as long as it's just water overflowing and not a lot of air bubbles, I don't really mind. I am a little irritated with that fact that mine is leaking from the last joint that leads to the bubble diffuser. I went to look at it to see what was wrong, and it just pops right off! I can see where it was glued on/sealed beforehand, so now I'm trying to reseal it. Just angers me that this brand new skimmer is leaking already, and being in Alaska, I can afford the downtime or shipping to send it back. Anyways, sorry for the rant...

jonny bolt

The older model had that leaking problem. If the red dial doesnt have the raised circles on it, like mine in a pic I posted above, then you have the old model.

quil

Mine's the newer model. It came with the halfway decent instructions, and has the raised dots on the red knob. I caulked around that joint and it seems to have cleared it up. Skimmer itself works really well.