anyone have a firefish like this?

mcintyre92

ive had 2 firefish for about a week and i havent seen this on any other ones
they both have like a small, neon purple stripe above their heads and like on their eyes they have the same thing as if they have purple eyeshadow on

mcintyre92

no i know they arent purple firefish or they would have killed each other
they have the typical look of the red ones but with the little bits of purple
as if they were like cross breeded

doveshaq

I have just started my first tank. 6 gallon nano at my office. i set it up a week ago with sand and 7pound cured live rock. I tested it yesterday. ph 7.8, nitirite 0, nitrate 0, and amonia 0. I put in the clean up crew yesterday also.
Question? when should i start adding fish? the lfs said 7-10 days.
question? should i do water changes while i am cycling?
question? i want to put in the following?
pistol shrimp
sexy shrimp
fire fish (2)
neon goby
green zoos
blue stripe mushrooms.
is this too much? and in what order should i add them?
thanks for your help.

jon321

If the live rock is truely cured, you can start right away, but I would wait a week or two for things to settle down anyways. Inverts can be added in any order, corals should be last as they are the most delicate. I would add goby first, then firefish at the same time as they might harass a goby if it was added after them. Add one item at a time and see if there is a reading. Do water changes if you have livestock, you DONT want a cycle. Keep a close eye on your water parameters and add one item at a time, mabe 1 or more weeks in between each addition.
Good luck!
Jon

fedukeford

it might be a helfrenchi firefish, how much did you get it for?? you might have gotten a REALLY good deal if you got a helfrenchi firefish, because they are usally sold for around $200!

nanocuber7

dove 3 fish is way too much for six gallons. you'd be safe with one fish and if you were careful you could possibly do two firefish but its definatley pushing it.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by doveshaq
I have just started my first tank. 6 gallon nano at my office. i set it up a week ago with sand and 7pound cured live rock. I tested it yesterday. ph 7.8, nitirite 0, nitrate 0, and amonia 0. I put in the clean up crew yesterday also.
Question? when should i start adding fish? the lfs said 7-10 days.
question? should i do water changes while i am cycling?
question? i want to put in the following?
pistol shrimp
sexy shrimp
fire fish (2)
neon goby
green zoos
blue stripe mushrooms.
is this too much? and in what order should i add them?
thanks for your help.
This tank is showing no signs of a cycle.If you put livestock in it the cycle will start and they will die.I recommend you get a cycle going. Do not put fish in 7-10 days. Put a dead shrimp from the grocer's in it or some food to get a cycle started. You have to see high amm,then high nitrite,then high nitrate before the cycle is complete.When all numbers are at 0,then you can add fish.3 fish in a 6 gal tank is asking for trouble.

jon321

He said he used 1lb per gallon of cured lr. If that is the case there will be no cycle. Ive been there, done that. With religious waterchanges and a close eye on water parameters there shouldnt be a problem with 3 small fish. But in a small tank, biweekly waterchanges are highly recommended, and a particular watch on salanity.
Jon

alyssia

Originally Posted by NM reef
Here is mine...small dude with a big attitude....

Another excellent pic NM

mrdc

Originally Posted by NM reef
Here is mine...small dude with a big attitude....

Well another nice pic and he looks like he has an attitude

mcintyre92

they have the purple around their eyes like exactly right on top and a small stripe of purple right b4 the little antenae
your fish looks really cool

speg

NM .. you should seriously consider putting that pic in your paint program and putting "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT PUNK!?" right above/under that fish... would be seriously funny.