anyone have a humuhumu trigger?

grouperhead

I've had mine for almost 2 years now....he's close to 6". Great fish, full of color and personality. Only problem is their aggression level. They start out as mild mannered juvies, and often grow into very aggressive adults.....Bo

bwets_angel

I have a humu humu. Had him since Feb. 4th and he's still kinda shy. I hear they have great personalities once they get used to you. Here is a picture of mine (Picasso)

bwets_angel

yeah that is true they will rearrange your tank the way that they want them so if you like your set up the way it is this might not be a fish you wanna get.

azeritis

Have mine for a couple of weeks now. I used to have one for a few years. They are definitely characters!!! When I put my hand in the tank for any kind of work he will aproach me and I can actually pet him! Well, sort of....
But the truth is they do get aggressive and they must be added last in the tank, especially if they are large.

azeritis

He will surely mone the scenery around, small rocks grevel etc. he bites of things all the time (heaters, poerheads, rocks). You name it he bites it.
One word of caution. They are really messy eaters. They will actually swallow the food, chew it and spit it in front of them and then eat it. Fortunately I still have my damsel and chromis from the cycle time who actually stalk there to pick up the pieces he does not eat.
I was really worried when I put the triggers in the tank that my damsels will be food in no time but only picasso chased the chromis for about an hour and that was it. I do not know if they will eventually become food for the triggers but they are doing fine so far.
Here they are; One happy family!!!!