Anyone Have A Tank From Glasscages

lear192

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS BOUGHT A TANK FROM GLASSCAGES. THIS COMPANY IS BASED OUT OF DICKSON,TN. IF SO WHAT SIZE DO YOU HAVE AND GIVE ME SOME INFO ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PRODUCT. THANK YOU

acrylic51

I bought a 240 from GC... In the process of setting the tank up...very please with Tom was very easy to work with and would order from GC again!!!!

flatzboy

Get a hold of solonfairy he has a tank over 200g. from them and just bought a 75g. tank from them.:D

S

savage21

I have a 135 from GC it's about 1hr drive for me. i am very happy with it i also got to walk around and look at all the tanks he has a building that may be 200x200 or bigger he works out of

acrylic51

Haven't been to his place, but by the pics on his updated site it looks huge and has tons of tanks.... He does nice work and very accurate as well

lear192

HEY FLATZBOY IF YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE COULD GET A HOLD OF SOLONFAIRY WOULD BE GREAT I WOULD SAY THANKS FOR SOME REASON THE ADMINISTRATOR NEVER TURNED ON MY IM AND E-MAILING PRIVIEGES :notsure:

masala4080

They block that for everyone, I think to prevent people form talking about competors with out them knowing. But the tanks seem like great quality and look awsome!

acrylic51

Tanks are very nice I will take a pic of my 240 done by Glass Cages..It has a custom center overflow and is eurobraced with the eurobracing drilled to make plumbing my OM super easy!!!!I also had the back panel drilled with 2 2" holes for my CL... will post pic later tonight!!!!

lear192

GREAT I WOULD LOVE SOME PICS. DID ANYONE GET THE LOW E GLASS I THINK THAT IS WHAT ITS CALLED THE STUFF THAT DOES NOT LOOK SO GREEN???????
ALSO ON YOUR OVERFLOWS DID YOU LEAVE THEM WHERE YOU CAN SEE THROUGHT THE GLASS OR DID YOU GET THE COVERS FOR THEM??? I THINK ITS COVERS???? I AM REFERING TO THE PICS ON THE WEBSITE ON THERE THE 240 GL TANK OVERFLOWS ARE A GREY COLOR.

pit

i was wondering about cc too. i was a little concerned b/c of short term warranty provided. any negative aspects of the tanks? the prices almost see too reasonable. thanks

lear192

YES I ALSO WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE WARR. BECAUSE 2300 DOLLARS IS ALOT TO SPEND FOR A 90 DAY WARR.!!!
I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD ATLEAST GET A YEAR.:notsure:

acrylic51

I got the option of the low E glass on the front panel and both side panels... The warranty is a little slim in my opinion as well, but I've had an Oceanic give way, so warranty doesn't mean much when it comes to your livestock!!!!! None of the warranties will cover your livestock... Will post pics trying to clean up the construction mess in the fishroom as we speak!!!!

acrylic51

The Oceanic was a 150 and would never buy another, IMO they are overpriced... I went to That Fish Place and they had a custom order that was drilled wrong and the guy was going to give me a break on the tank, but after carefully examining the tank the side panels weren't even square with the front panel...They were off more than a 1/16th. IMO that is really sloppy work for a company like that!!!!! Back to the point the Oceanic was glass.....
As far as Glass Cages I would definitely buy from them again...Alot of people advised me that Tom can be rude, but when I dealt with him he was more than accomadating... I even called him several times after the original plans for the tank were faxed over to him... I even called him back during the last day of assembly and had him drill my eurobracing to plumb my OM easier!!!!! I took a mic with me to get accurate measurements on everything and trust me the holes are dead on....There was alittle silicone on the front panel but who cares a razor blade can clean that up easy....His tanks are built like a tank and they are heavy, so if your looking to save weight this isn't the way to go!!!!!!
Here's a pic of the tank... I'm not the greatest photographer and I'm in the middle of construction on my new fishroom to house the monster.....

lear192

HEY IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR GOING TO HAVE A GREAT SET UP WHEN YOUR DONE. I JUST DONT WANT TO BE YOU DOING THE DRYWALL. HOW MUCH DOES YOUR 240 WEIGH AND DID YOU GO WITH THE 72 OR 96 INCH LONG TANK????

acrylic51

I went with 96"L... I don't actually mind the hanging and taping of the drywall, but I do hate the sanding... I bought one of those sanding deals that you hookup to the shop vac and it pulls the dust through a bucket of water...It does help cut down on the dust quite a bit...
I'm going to say the tank weighed in about 500 pounds...I had 3 other guys help me get it up on the stand... the stand sits 46" up so it's a big lift to that point... I did have 2 extra guys on hand while we did this just in case.. They just stood there and drank their beer...His tanks are heavy...I had the euro bracing drilled as well to make plumbing the OM easier instead of having to loop it over the bracing. With a couple PVC fittings it drops right down into the holes in the eurobracing

S

savage21

Hey bud try a wet sponge it will do magic on dry wall i'm not a pro but you will not have ant dust