anyone have an elephant ear mushroom?

alix2.0

can i see a pic? i wanna buy one cause they looks cool, but i get a feeling from the stock pics that theyre ungodly ugly. thanks =) alix

reefereric

Alix,
I don't have an elephant ear, but I do have the giant (5+ inches across) green hairy mushrooms? They're actually not all that green, but kinda similar? Who knows. If you want to see, send a pm and I'll post a few pics.

jkp rules

we had one of these guys at the lsf i used to work for until a tube anemone killed it. Ours was close to a foot in diameter in a dull grayish-bluish color, covered in centimeter long little projections and really thin, much like the common elephant ear. on the upshot, when we fed it, even just cyclopeze, the whole thing would fold up for an hour of so untill everything got eaten. so, yeah, they aren't the prettiest choral out there, but in my opinion, they're a pretty cool and awesome beasty, and if i had a tank big enough, I'd really like one.

jpgnmt

I have them on the rock that one of my anemones is on. This shot was of the anemone but you can see a couple of them on it. Like all mushrooms they change shape every day but they have a great texture. One of them often looks like a persons face.