Anyone have any experience w/ Angels in a Reef????

seannmelly

Does anyone have any experience w/ angels in a reef. We have a 125 reef w/ polyps, shrooms, leathers, lps, sps, clam. Theres a nice Lamark's Angel at the lfs that i've been considering getting. They are suppose to be one of the better angels for a reef, i would like to have one, but i do not want to take the chance w/ the corals. I know that all fish have diff personalities but i'm itchin for an angel

keith burn

Originally Posted by seannmelly
Does anyone have any experience w/ angels in a reef. We have a 125 reef w/ polyps, shrooms, leathers, lps, sps, clam. Theres a nice Lamark's Angel at the lfs that i've been considering getting. They are suppose to be one of the better angels for a reef, i would like to have one, but i do not want to take the chance w/ the corals. I know that all fish have diff personalities but i'm itchin for an angel
I have a koran angel and it eat all my polyps

seannmelly

Originally Posted by wanabebell
i have a watanabees angel in my reef
shes beautiful and never even thought about touching a coral
that's awesome. ive heard of stories of flame angels being in reefs fine for months and then all of a sudden picking at clam mantals. and like i said, if it will work it will, if not im not going to push my luck!! thanks for the posts everyone. anyone else??

maryd

I have a Singapore angel in my reef and he's just fine. Never bothers any of the coral. I just have soft corals but I never see him eating them. but this is a very special fish I think. Poor thing made it through cycling of the tank just fine. Was not too active but he's doing well now and NOW I know my mistakes before anyone jumps on me.

seannmelly

I like the singapore angel too!! I love all angels as a matter of fact but i know the lamark and watanbee angels are one of the more safer angels for a reef. anyone else?

double

I have a pygmy angel in my 125 and it hasn't messed with anything. Lots of character, but not as beautiful as many of the other angels.