anyone have two 36" light fixtures on 72" tank

laredo300c

does anyone have any pics of two 36" light fixture on a 72"wide tank...is hanging them the only option or is it possible to mount them somehow....maybe using the tanks center bracket...thanks

azfishgal

Mine are supposed to be 36", but they measure more like 34.5". I have a 72" tank. I will be upgrading my lights soon, just trying to figure out what I want. I was also thinking about hanging two 36" lights, so I'm interested to see who has done it.

sign guy

Im in the proces of doing this now temp till I build my canopy. I have 125 and two 36 inch coralife lights and I plan to screw the metal clips that come with the braket into a 72 inch long x 1 inch flat bar

kjord97

As per your request, I have 2 coralife 36" fixtures on my 125 gal reef. They have a 150 watt MH and 2 54 watt PC in each fixture. I love the fact that it leaves the center of the tank a little dim for those low light corals.
I like being able to just move 1 fixture at a time, it is easier to handle than a 72" fixture. I had a 72" PC fixture but it was so heavy.

laredo300c

wow just what i was looking for...are the legs clipped to the center brace of the aquarium...can't really tell from that pic