Anyone having any luck finding 9mm rounds ANYWHERE?

reefraff

I was cruising cabellas. The ETA for some of their ammo is December 31st which I assume means they don't have a clue when they will get the stuff again. I think at this point there are suppliers playing games to keep the price high.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere/20#post_3518530
I was cruising cabellas. The ETA for some of their ammo is December 31st which I assume means they don't have a clue when they will get the stuff again. I think at this point there are suppliers playing games to keep the price high.
I don't think it's necessarily the suppliers although many may be taking advantage of a prime opportunity. The president may not get the gun control he was after but he does probably have some influence in the fact that the DHS has ordered enough ammunition (1.5 billion rounds) to sustain a 20 year hot war here recently. He's coming after your guns one way or another guys.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere/20#post_3518532
I don't think it's necessarily the suppliers although many may be taking advantage of a prime opportunity. The president may not get the gun control he was after but he does probably have some influence in the fact that the DHS has ordered enough ammunition (1.5 billion rounds) to sustain a 20 year hot war here recently. He's coming after your guns one way or another guys.
The info on the ammo isn't accurate. sen Coburn of OK looked into it and seems to be satisfied but is looking further. The number of rounds is a 5 year contract where they can buy up to that amount.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere/20#post_3518535
The info on the ammo isn't accurate. sen Coburn of OK looked into it and seems to be satisfied but is looking further. The number of rounds is a 5 year contract where they can buy up to that amount.
My bad, they just ordered 360,000 million rounds .https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=22419062d923f87db4df15c676da7943&tab=core&_cview=0
On top of the 240,000 million rounds that they just received. After the 1.5 billion they purchased last year. The new contract calls for 1.6 billion over the next 5 years.
Still seems like a lot to me. I mean how many gun battles does the DHS get into a year on average?

I'm wondering if the ammo people are purposely holding back supplies and inflating the price because they know people will pay for it. I mean if I could sell something that a year ago cost $20, now for $35; and it kept flying off the shelves... I might do that too. I mean speaking from a strictly business perspective, you can produce less product, and make more money... It's kind of a win-win for they and their shareholders I would think.
Isn't this kind of the same thing big oil did? Once they realized that people were going to pay whatever they told them to pay, they artificially kept the price up, because, well, they could?

2quills

Ofcourse, that's how the system operates when demand is high the price goes up. It's like that in every industry. Now is not the time to buy, it's the time to sit on what you have or sell.

darthtang aw

I'm wondering if the ammo people are purposely holding back supplies and inflating the price because they know people will pay for it.  I mean if I could sell something that a year ago cost $20, now for $35; and it kept flying off the shelves... I might do that too.  I mean speaking from a strictly business perspective, you can produce less product, and make more money... It's kind of a win-win for they and their shareholders I would think.
Isn't this kind of the same thing big oil did?  Once they realized that people were going to pay whatever they told them to pay, they artificially kept the price up, because, well, they could?

That would make sense, if the ammo manufactureres had raised their price, which 90% have not. Also, Ammunition is not traded on the stock exchange or operate in futures......

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere/20#post_3518584
That would make sense, if the ammo manufactureres had raised their price, which 90% have not. Also, Ammunition is not traded on the stock exchange or operate in futures......
The retailers have raised their prices. I am more suspicious of the distributors than the manufacturers but the manufacturers would be crazy not to bump their prices.

darthtang aw

Not
The retailers have raised their prices. I am more suspicious of the distributors than the manufacturers but the manufacturers would be crazy not to bump their prices.
all the retailers. The main two mom and pop shops I frequent haven't. Which tells me the distributors or manufacturers have not. Magpul issued a press release months ago stating they weren't raising their prices. This was when Omaha were priced at sixty a piece In Some places. I bought a new 22 upper for just over 300 by chiappa arms when everyone was gouging at prices. I sold my other 22 assembly for 125. Just above what I paid for it because people were impatient. I waited till I found one for typical upper price and then bought if you know where to look you can still find reasonable priced stuff.

lngliv3

I'm sitting on over 3000 rounds of 22lr it's hard to get in the Toledo Ohio Ohio area .... The best thing I can tell anyone looking for ammo is go to dicks sporting goods find out what days they get their stock orders in and be there at opening time with a friend because here they hold a 1box limit per person per day!!! I have been going twice a week and its hit or miss some days they get some and some they don't !!!! It's like Black Friday shopping on ammo shipment days!!!

reefraff

A buddy of mine bought 5 thousand rounds of 22 ammo at a gun show Around Thanksgiving. Turned out he had a bunch at home he had forgotten about and didn't need it but didn't rush out to try to sell it. He made his money back selling a thousand of the rounds a few weeks ago and has somebody wanting another thousand at an even higher price.

oscardeuce

Gonna be another 5-7 months then should recover
I have seen mags available @ prepanic prices, ammo should follow unless something happens.