Anyone heard of Rodarie Anemones???

If so, where can I find some more information on these animals.. I just purchased an Ocellaris Clown and I was told that a Rodarie Anemone was a good host for it???

finland

I think you might mean a Ritteri anemone. From what I have read about them, they require strong lighting and stronger current, and are considered difficult anemone to keep. Try doing a search for more info

scorpio24

thats just a scientific name for rosie anenome. Ihave one and they are really hardy. They do need a strong coral light tho. And they are great host for your clown trustmee. You will have to feed a small feeding of brine shrimp twice a day tho , i hope this has helped you.

I appreciate the advice from everyone.. I was thinking of a Carpet Anemone...
Does anyone have any experiences with Ocellaris Clowns and Host Anemones? (I just want to get the most knowledge I can.. So I can make a rational decision..
Also, anyone have a really good sight that tells alot about all different kinds of Saltwater species.. Something I can referance from.. (NMreef, I know u do!! :D )

panhead

if you get a carpet make sure that it is not an atlantic/carib. they are not host the host type
and will only cause stress for you.

M

mr hanky

why does everyone say ritteri are so expen. i can buy them all day long at my lfs for around 35-65 at 5"-6" size. depending on color variations.!! that doesnt seem expen. to me if im wrong please tell me that this is expen.!!!!! that might help my spending habits!!!!!!!!! mr hanky

I tried several anemones before my clown would host in one....he only liked a sebae anemone. I bouhgt one from SWF.com and it was beautiful. Very large and has done very well. I hand feed him brine shrimp once a day.