Anyone here ever taken a polygraph for pre-employment?

bluegirl

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone here has ever taken a polygraph for an employment prescreeing? I have to take one for Loomis, Fargo & Co.. I've never taken one and I'm soooooooooo nervous. No, I have nothing to hide. But I'm afraid I'll be too nervous and fail. If anyone has taken one, please describe it to me. I'm soooo anxious. :scared:

T

tizzo

Your nervousness and anxiety will be considered and will not effect your results.
They ask you some simple things like your name and such to get a reading of you while answering questions they already know the answer to, then they ask you things and tell you to deliberately lie, to get a reading of that. Then the real test begins.
I have never taken one, but I know people who have. Don't worry about it. Oh and if the machine misreads you and says your lying when you are really not, don't bother fighting with it, they will never believe you and those tests are 500 bucks a pop, so they will not retest you. Now your real nervous huh??

nflnutswif

I took one and Tizzo is right. They will ask you questions they know the answer to and some like. .. Have you ever committed a felony? Have you ever stolen more than $20.00? Have you ever taken something that didn't belong to you? All yes or no questions. It does'nt hurt, they put an arm band on you for blood pressure and hook up wires to some or all of your fingers with little straps. Just take your time with all the questions don't hurry yourself with an answer.
Good luck on getting the job!

bluegirl

Gee...thanks Tizzo!
Yeah, nervous but I have nothing to lie about. If it says I lied and I didn't, I'll be very upset
. I really want this job!

keleighr

I have just started going to school to become a 911 dispatcher.
These are the requirements:
Written Test
Oral Test
Pysch. Testing
Physical
EXTREME back ground CHeck
and last but not least the good ole Poly.
So we have just been told over and over again. BE honest.
That's all you can do.

bluegirl

I know what you're going through, I am in the process of hiring. Its amazing how much they want to know.
Phone Interview
HR Interview
5 yrs Employment Verification
Extensive Background Check
3 Character Refrences
Personality Survey
Math Test
Management Interview
DOT physical
Extensive drug screen of breath, saliva, blood, or urine
Polygraph
Whew! That's alot! I'm done with all but the last 3 on the list and I'm going to do those tomorrow.

rhomer

Took one for the NSA. Man it sucked.
You cannot move and mean if you flinch you have to retake that part of the test. Each test lasted 5 minutes with 30 sec in between each test. I wasn't nervous before the test, but I was completely frazzeled after. The tester deliberatly tries to break you.
Yours will most likely not be as intense.
Rob

mudplayerx

Congratz!!!
I don't think I'd work for a company that polygraphed me. Don't think I could handle an environment that is that uptight. I'm a weiner.

tangman99

I have taken them for job applications and during investigations when I was in law inforcement. Don't try to beat one because you can't do it. You can however blow the baseline which will make the examination inconclusive. Not that I have ever done this . . .