Anyone in Central Ohio here??

H

hrheyne

I'm just wondering if there is anyone in central Ohio on this board? It would be nice to have someone local to share the hobby with...
I'm not brand new to this but I haven't had a tank in awhile and I could use a nearby buddy.
Thanks

lil-bit

I'm from north of columbus, this is my first post here. I'm more active in the cora forum. There was a big swap in Cinci last weekend, wish I could have gone!

H

hrheyne

Welcome to the board! There is some crazy stuff going on at the moment but this is a cool place to be usually... I just Joined CORA last week. It's a cool site for locals. I've met a couple people on that site and got some great live rock the other day. It's a great place to find people to trade with / buy from locally. It's not as busy as this one so not as many responses to questions but it's great!!
I'm in East Columbus - Reynoldsburg.
What kind of set up do you have? I don't have any corals yet, just a 75 gallon tank with a few fish that came with it. I'm in the process of treating a Tang that looks pretty rough but the tank seems to be doing great. The water quality looks good so far and it's been a week since I moved it here from Jackson, Ohio
I'd love to get a couple of clown's and maybe something else to add but I'm waiting a little while...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bit http:///forum/thread/382291/anyone-in-central-ohio-here#post_3337305
I'm from north of columbus, this is my first post here. I'm more active in the cora forum. There was a big swap in Cinci last weekend, wish I could have gone!

lil-bit

Hope to see you at some of our meetings....Is a great group of ppl. I try to make it to as many meetings as I can, I work every other weekend so sometimes it doesnt work out. You may also want to check out reef central.

lil-bit

Have a 50 and a 20...both are a work in progress...50 is fowler for now, 20 is recovering from a heater melt down...lol

H

hrheyne

I'm not ready for any frags yet but I'd loke to go to one just to get more information. I visited Reef systems the other day. They were amazing (a wealth of information) too much for my little mind to absorb lol - Have you been there? It's in Johnstown
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bit http:///forum/thread/382291/anyone-in-central-ohio-here#post_3337317
Hope to see you at some of our meetings....Is a great group of ppl. I try to make it to as many meetings as I can, I work every other weekend so sometimes it doesnt work out. You may also want to check out reef central.

lil-bit

Reef Systems is very good. They are very helpful. There is a place called Phishy Business in Gahanna. They are my fav. They are on Hamilton not to far from you, only prob with them is they arent open on monday and tuesday. If you go by there tell them I sent you. They will get a laugh out of it! lol

H

hrheyne

I went there years ago when I got my first tank. I just looked around. I didn't buy anything. It's a nice litttle store. I'll have to go back and have another look...