Anyone in Connecticut want to trade some

fiziksgeek

I am looking to transition from a fish only, so, I have nothing to trade, but an always looking for freebies :joy: Also looking for advice etc.

fiziksgeek

Well...unfortunately I have nothing to trade. I have a 135, with about 175lbs live rock, right now its fish only (lemonpeel angel, sailfin tang, blonde naso tang, percula clown...), there are also some hermits and snails, and a serpent star called stumpy. I recently upgraded the light to PC's, so I am running around 4watts/gal, enough for softies and the like. MH might be in my future :notsure: So I guess I am looking for other reef lovers in the area to help me get started, eventually I will be able to contribute back...

hans1976

Fiziksgeek,
Have you checked out CTARS - Connecticut Area Reef Society? They are meeting today at AquaDreams in Agawam.
CTARS
I don't visit this board very often so email me at hans1976@yahoo.com for more info.
Jeff

hans1976

it's_fishy,
You are right - Agawam is right over the border into Mass. It takes maybe 20 - 25 minutes to get there from Simsbury. Next month we are meeting at Fin & Feather in Groton - that will be a good meeting at they have some store raise frags.
My tank is a 72g bowfront. It was it fish only for 5 yrs before we moved. Last summer, I re-set it up as a reef and glad I did. This winter I am upgrading to a 180. I don't have MH's on this tank but I am going to on the next one. I want to add some SPS.

fiziksgeek

I will definitely check out CTARS.
I just found Aqua Dreams on Friday, right on rt57 there in Feeding Hills, MA. It seems to be a pretty good store. I was impressed.
I bought my 135g from Tropic Isle Aquaria in Framingham, MA before we moved down here. Its been running for a year and 13days :) I want to transition from a fish only to a reef. However, I dont want to do too much since I am hoping to buy a house next year. The more I get now, the more I have to move :-(
I am already thinking of bigger and better systems!

hans1976

Fiziksgeek,
I hear you on upgrading. I have a 72 bow that I made into a reef last summer. I am upgrading to a 180 this winter.
CTARS members get discounts at many of the independent retailers - a complete listing is on the site. CTARS next meeting is at Fin & Feather in Groton in July. Then we are having a BBQ at the LUTZ in Manchester in August. They also do a lot of frag trading. Very good bunch of people, very willing to answer your questions.
Jeff