Anyone In or Near Alabama?

imurnamine

I'm curious, now.
I want to know this because I want to split a SWF order.
Also, if anyone has any tanks for sale in or near Alabama, let me know.

gsd

Uh evidently from her profile she lives in north Alabama in a town named Decatur, just west of Huntsville and not too far from TN/AL line....B'ham Ala is not all that far from you, and there is one jam up lfs there that deals in saltwater only, with prices that is extremly hard to beat......They also have quite a few used trade up tanks and equipment on hand as well....I just gave $28.00 for a like new Oceanic 30 gal cube.....which also included strip light and glass top......from the place.......and picke dup peppermint shrimp for $4.50 each......Mushroom rocks of all kinds range from $35 to 45 bucks and range in size from softball or so to tennis ball......and have at least a dozen shrooms at a minimum on them, in all kinds of colors and species....

imurnamine

Originally Posted by GSD
Uh evidently from her profile she lives in north Alabama in a town named Decatur, just west of Huntsville and not too far from TN/AL line....B'ham Ala is not all that far from you, and there is one jam up lfs there that deals in saltwater only, with prices that is extremly hard to beat......They also have quite a few used trade up tanks and equipment on hand as well....I just gave $28.00 for a like new Oceanic 30 gal cube.....which also included strip light and glass top......from the place.......and picke dup peppermint shrimp for $4.50 each......Mushroom rocks of all kinds range from $35 to 45 bucks and range in size from softball or so to tennis ball......and have at least a dozen shrooms at a minimum on them, in all kinds of colors and species....

Hmm... I need to quest and find that place.
I'm moving to Birmingham in a few years for med school.

gsd

Ah.........U.A.B....I presume! Best in the world IMHO. The place is in the area of the Galleria Mall in a sub shopping plaza called Patton Station.......

imurnamine

Hell yes!
And... Johnny Rockets.
Where is that store?!?! YOU MUST TELL ME!
Actually, what is the name of it?
And yes, U.A.B.

gsd

I screwed up.Its Patton Creek, not Station.........The stores name is Aquarium Design. There is actually two of them in the B'ham area.......one is out on Hwy 280 IIRC........never been to that store as there wa never any need to visit it as the one in Patton Creek has it all.......They have tank upon tank of al kind of frags. The tanks are plainly marked.$5, 10, 15 etc etc.......Plus they have tank after tank with multiple levels of all kinds of corals and frags of corals in it, and probably 50 or 60 tanks of fish. They always have some kind of special to take advantage of....