Anyone in the CA Bay Area want to in on U-Build-it?

badpacket

Hey, I'm in Alameda also. However, what the heck are you talking about? I am looking to start a nano now that my 29g is runing nicely.

ddt

badpacket - The minimum order for U-Build-it is $75, I don't need $75 worth of stuff. If we split then we can each get what we need and still get the free shipping.
entice59 - I'll let you keep the box for free:D

badpacket

Uhmm, ( looks at upper left of monitor) doh!
Sorry, its been a while since I've checked in here, just saw the message board and clicked.
I am interested, and will hopefully get back to you before you order. If not, I've got some mushroom and polyps available if either of you have anything you might want to trade.

ddt

entice59 - Sorry I don't know. 6th street aqaurium (in SF) may have some, that where i got most of my corals, their price can't be beat.

entice59

HEY!! YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT PLACE TOO.... i hate the service and the people there... they make me very very very angry

badpacket

Tigershark,
I have 2 types, unfortunately I don't know the genus. One is purple, the other is a maroon/red. If I can find a good site, I can ID them properly for them.
How about you?
Originally posted by TigerShark
Hey, badpacket what kind of shrooms and polys do you have for trade? Im in San Jose.

ddt

entice59 - I agree with your assessment of their employees, but their corals are hard to beat. I got one of the coral cards, 10 for $150. I have chosen some choice pieces, most sell for $35+ at other stores. I agree they are more of a warehouse than a fish store and I would not buy any fish there.

entice59

yeah, last time i went there the fish were turning pale, as for coral yeah its a deal, you should try that fish store in balboa probably a mile away, sometimes they got great stuff on friday and saturday(after their shipment) probably around 20-25 dollars depending on coral, im guessing you know about their sunday sale with the bags... hey they are the only place with jelly fish

ddt

It's funny, I have the LFS in Alameda that is great for equipment. I have a great LFS in San Leandro that is great with fish and the one in SF that is great with corals.
If they were all combined then I would have one great store and save myself a lot of gas.

entice59

dont you have connections to get you into the wholesaler 10 dollars for pollop and mushroom rock, 2 dollar scarlet reef hermits etc... my friend has connections and yet, we still havent been there yet..

The fish store on Balboa is called "Lucky Aquarium". Has anyone been to a store on Taraval in the Sunset area? I have gone several times and the place is clean although the owner is still building his stock out.
Nippon was a good place to shop for stuff but they are pushing livestock to the side and focusing more on aquarium hardware. Yup, I think everyone knows about 6th Ave but enuff said about that place. I had so many fishes die from their Sunday sales that I refuse to go even if the prices are half off!

entice59

yeah the place on the taravel, good people there, helped me out a lot, i think they sell live sand for 25 lbs for 20 lbs, 6th ave - 30 bucks. They are starting out their saltwater stuff, last time a whole bunch of their wish were wiped out because they accidently put in uncured live rock. They have some good fiji rock.
i would shop more at nippon if it werent for the prices, so high. I live on taravel so its more convent i go there since i dont have a car.