anyone keep tank temp mid 80's?

seapig

My 75 gal sticks around 84 with or without lights on. Air cond. is around 73-75 almost year round. Maybe I have too many powerheads or a return that puts out some heat maybe. Anybody else run a succesful FOWLR with temps around 83-85????????/

goofieones

My tank won't fall below 79 degree's anymore, it stays around 81 or 82, none of the fish have a problem with it.

bluto

Interesting question...
Most of the books I have say temp should be around 75-79 but LFS says it should be higher. Same thing with SG.
Don't ask me... I'm new.
Bluto

pufferlover

I seem to be lucky having all but 1 of my tanks in the basement they stay around 78 to 80 warm weather time and in the winter they stay at 78-79. The one upstairs in the summer will get to 80 even with the air conditioning on and set at 76-78. My wife and I both work and I kid her that even with a programed thermostat I keep the air on for the fish tank. Most books I have read state 77 to 78 is prime temp for marines.

cchung718

i also like to keep my temperature between 77-79 degrees but that wasn't the case recently. It's been hot and the temperature has been going up to 83-84 degrees! I see no signs of stress or ANYTHING from the fishes so I guess it's not so bad after all. :eek: :confused: :D

lionfish

LionFish says......
My current 20 gallon reef seems to stya round 80 degrees on average. This seems to be fine with the Black-Cap Basslet and 6-line wrasse. Although all my larger tanks are around 78 degrees which I like more because in the summer the tank rises about 2 degrees on hot days so it won't exceed 80. My 180 will be kept around 78, too.

surferboy

My 180g reef hovers around 80-84 and my 72g fish only is around 80-82. My halides really heat up the 180g. I have had no problems with these temps.

jjspati

ive recently read that high temperatures cause oxygen depletion in the water. Technically, this sounds logical. But how high do you think it has to be to be unhealthy for our little buddies?

nofear2003

My 30 gallon usually stays around 76 - 78 an that is wit my windows open right now an the temperature outside about 75 to 80 degrees..The only problem i have encountered recently is my ammonia went up for some reason.. :confused: