anyone know about refractometer quality from a few places?

bbreaux1

i found decently priced refractometers at ***********(70$), ***************(70$), and ----(around 50$) and was just wondering if anyone has bought any of theses and what was the quality of them. and considering theres no brand name listed for them except the md one wich is captive purity i believe. thanks for any help. oh and just found one from northcoastmarinefor 75$ any comments?

N

newreefers

I bought the one from MD. I lilke it, and would reccomend it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I contacted one of those stores and asked them what the difference was between their lower priced refractometer, and the higher priced instrument. They sold both, so it was in their interest to say that the more expensive model was better. They didn't say that. They said there was no difference, except that the pricer model had a brandname and the price tag to go with it. I have the non-brand name model, and it works fine for me.

bbreaux1

anyone has heard anything about the ones being sold on ---- for around 50$ im not too trusting of ---- so ill probibly go with one of the 70$ models

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I would assume that ---- merchandise is used, isn't it?? Refracts are delicate instrucments that can be easily damaged by water, etc.
I'd get a new one if I were you.

bbreaux1

nope its new im writting back and forth with the guy that sells them sounds like kinda a wholesale thing. he says he supplies a website i was looking at getting one from so im not so sure but ill be checking int o it