Anyone know Cupramine treatment? help

I been treating my 2 maroons with cupramine for 2 weeks now. Today i did a test to check on the copper (2nd week up ) with seachem and APi both show no copper.
At first when I dose it they were hiding and not eating for 2 weeks straight. but today is the 2nd week. And the 2 maroons is swimming and eating fine and there are no signs of ich on there body I am really not sure if they are cure. The copper just disappear. There is no media or any kind of ceramic except a sponge filter.
I did use Prime to control the ammonia , nitrite. Did prime got rid of the copper should I dose again?
Not really sure what is going on.
thanks

florida joe

what kind of filter material are you useing ie poly filter or carbon Do you have any rock or gravel in your tank

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using carbon, or some filters, it will filter copper out. Have you been testing for copper daily?

Hi
Yes I have did have a poly filter in the hang on filter. Could that have wipe out the copper? I only have a 2 pvc in the tank
I should have tested daily but my API test wasn't too acurate and I just recieve my new seachem test?
anyway Should I redose again right away or wait 2 weeks to see if the ick appear again?
thank you

florida joe

yes your poly filter will defenitly take out your copper it is used after treatment for just that reason