Anyone know odyssea website? NEED TO REPLACE BALLAST

brad1968

I have a odyssea lighting system and I think the ballast for the power compacts needs to be replaced. I was hoping to find a replacement. Does anyone know if they sell it? Or if I can use another brand? I have two 96 watt bulbs.
thanks,

scsinet

Originally Posted by brad1968
is it possible to just replace the ballast with another brand?
Oh sure. You can probably either replace the entire external ballast with one that's compatible with your lighting system, or you can use drill-n-save and retrofit a replacement ballast. There are a couple manufacturers that make ballasts that will run a great variety of bulbs, such as Icecap and Fulham.

brad1968

I've done very little electrical work. Is it difficult to replace the original hardware? What set(s) would you recommend? Like I said, I currently have 2 96w 50/50 pc. Will the other ballasts easy fit or is there a lot of wiring? don't want to burn down the house.

brucewrs

Mine dont work also.I called on Saturday and no one has called me back yet.There phone has been busy!!1-800-970-2782...My atinics lasted a whole week and a half!!! Just waiting for the MH ballast to go next.

brucewrs

I called on Saturday and spoke to someone who took down my info and told me there tech dept will get back to me.... :notsure:

brad1968

Guess while we're at it, can anyone recommend quality bulbs? And where to get them? does it matter? I'm replacing my mh & pc.

brad1968

I went to a lighting store and they didn't have them. doubt hd would have it.
I'd be interested in replacing the ballast with another brand if it's 3/5 on a difficulty scale, I'd be willing to try it, but since it is electricity, I'm a little wary. And there are so many bulb & configurations I wouldn't know where to start. Not to mention it's part of a mh/pc/moonlight light unit. ??? dunno.