Anyone know of anything that eats Xenia?

mojo46825

I read it on here and it works. Take a piece of rock and set it right on the xenia. The xenia will want to grow up over it. IT will and when it does pull out the rock. I am doing this as wee speak. Its only been a week and they are about half way on the little pieces of rock i put on them. I too had the same troubles. And this way I can take theem to the pet store for credit.

bullitr

since you have a sps tank try to cut down on nutrients( feeding and more water changes) the don't do very well in clean almost nutrient free tank since you have 90% sps tank it will benifit you more. try it !

dkw27

Cut it off with a blade at the base of the rock, then take a scrub brush and scrub off the rest....I've done that on several rocks and it hasn't grown back...

rsd

When xenia is happy, it is hard to get rid of. I had so much that all my LFS and friends had more than they wanted...
Try a long spine urchin. I had one that would mow 4 square inches a night. I sold him.
Peel it. Not 1 or 2 stalks. All of it... every stalk. If it doesn't peel off easy, or tears. It will come back, and you'll have to do it again later.
Good luck, and congrats on a great tank.
BTW, test for phospates, and other "nutrients". I am willing to bet your tank will test zero on all, but test your top off water, your salt water (what you use to change your water) etc. My tank was very balanced, and my xenia was under control. Then my xenia went nuts... over growing everything, see above comments. about 4 months later, I had so much algea that I was losing corals left and right. Everything out of control.
Then I figured out my source water suddenly had phosphate, alot of it. It took 6 months of water changes, phosban reactors, charcoal, etc. to scrub the tank.
Now, algea is gone, xenia is growing at a normal rate, all is good.
I am not saying this is what you have, but check it out just in case... it bit me hard.
Good luck,

hefner413

Originally Posted by Blackjacktang
Hey, can we have pics of your tank and all the xenia?
yeah, want a pic