Anyone like cyano?

lukeb321

I know weird question, but got in this hobby a little over a year ago and since then have set up two tanks.
The first tank (55 g) I bought used which came with 75 pds of live rock covered in cyano. I changed out the cc and went live sand and the tank has been wonderful. Currently have 3 chromis, lemonpeel angel, lawnmower, pincushion urchin, and couple hermits and shrimp. Well the parameters are great, but the rocks are still covered in "nice" red cyano. Never went to my sand or walls.
Then I have my 150 and its only got around 80 pds of live rock and its clean as a whistle.
I get so many more complimets on the "pretty red one" rather than the plain clean 150.
Weird I never thought about getting rid of it as long as my fish were healthy and the parameters were good.
Just a weird thought - wondering if anybody preffered it or at least just accepted it.

maelv

And let me get this straight....coraline growth will be purplish in color correct? And you will not be able to take it off, where Cyano can be wiped off? I thought that is what i had read in a couple of posting running around. And although I can't recall where, when or why...I thought that Cyano was bad for a tank.....
Did I just misinterpret everything?

nigerbang

cyano would have over ran the tank...so terrible I am glad I have never had to deal with it.. *knocks on wood*
Corraline aglae is the good stuff..and yes you need to apoligize to it for calling it the "C" word..shame and you..

michaeltx

coraline comes in many many mnay different colors and shades. cyno really likes the sand bed and looks NASTY!!! if it were cyno you wouldnt be getting complements trust me LOL
Mike