anyone live new jersey out there?

fishman0729

i was wondering if anyone out there lives in new jersey? I would just want to know where do get some good livestock bacause for the most part all the shops near me aren't too good. If anyone from jersey is reading this, i heard that there is a place in mahwah, n.j. ( not sure about the spelling ), which is a distributor on SALT WATER FISH. Can someone give me a little bit of info on this place if they know anything like directions or a phone number. Does anyone know if everyone can go and buy there or do you have to have a pet shop?
Thanks

almarktool

fishman,
i am in NJ around 137 on the parkway there is not alot of places in nj that are real good i have a 72 bowfront set up and currently working on a 200gal if u want e-mail me and we can shoot the breeze Almarktool@aol.com

njdiver

NJ Here as well, Morris County area. So far I have not found a LFS that is anything special. Jeff at Hackettstown Pets usually has some nice stuff, and his tanks are well kept. Also the other day someone posted something about "Absolute Fish" (or was it Absolute Pets) in Clifton, I may try to find them this weekend.
-Scott

koiman6

I would say one of the best places in southern jersey is aquarium center they have an extremely knowledable staff and an enormous selection of saltwaterfish, corals and invertebrates not too mention the amount of freshwater fish they have. look in the yellow pages.

cmack

Where in jersey are you? I am in Westchester NY, and drive to a store in Wayne on RT 23. Called "The Wayne Pet PLace". Pretty big selection of salt water fish and Corals.

brooklyn johnny

I grew up in North Jersey and Brooklyn. A MUST SEE is Aqua Tropics in Clifton. Pull it up on Mapquest or call them... here is the info.
Aqua-Tropics, (973) 365-0200, 1080 Us Highway 46, Clifton, NJ 07013
The place in Mahwah I believe you are talking about is called Fish Fish Fish and when I lived up there they were only a wholesaler. Coming from wherever though, Aqua-tropics was it a few years ago comparing it to The Pet Place on Route 23. They are only about 15 minutes apart though... 23 runs into 46 so you could bang them out in one trip. That was all I found woth it at all in my 18 years growing up and living in the area.

njdiver

Not all that impressed with the place. They are on 46 between the GSP and where 46 hits Rt 3 on the West bound side.
They do have a TON of coral and a huge assortment of fish, but I was not crazy about the over-all feel of the place. I donno, maybe just me.
Anyhow, I might have to check out the place on 23.
-Scott

fishman0729

njdiver, so you did hear of the place in mahwah? Do you happened to know the name of the place by any chance? I know its not called fish fish fish. Someone is suppose to get me a fish order from there but something always comes up and the person never gets to go. I was just wondering if you knew the name and if its only permitted to shop there if you are a store?
Thanks alot

chrismilano

1. Aquarium Center Clementon NJ
2. Hidden Reef (Rt. 1 just north of PHILA but WORTH THE DRIVE!)
*if you go, check out monster pets across st.
3. Discount aquarium (rt 73 and rt 70 circle next to BMW)
great inverts, crappy fish
4. Zoos pets in turnersville and on delaware ave south philly
Screw *****.