Anyone near a TV ?

N

newreefers

Not in TX, but FL. What a tragedy! It looks like no survivors. At this point there is no info that it may have been terrorist activity.

goalie66

I hope it's not terrorists, if they can get at the shuttle under high
security what can't they get at?:confused:
Tom

melbournefl

It's a tragic day for NASA and the space program. My heart goes out to the families and friends of our brave astronauts. It looks like it wasn't terrorist action, thank God.
Our prayer's are with all,
Paul

deblin2

We heard the sound. Some people thought it was an earthquake. I wasn't up yet so I just heard the loud boom. Didn't know what it was at the time.

nightraven

One thing to note. The word explosion keeps getting reported. The sounds they heard were more than likely Sonic Booms. The word explosion automatically makes people think of criminal or terrorist activity. Please take the word explosion with a grain of salt. I do not beleive that any criminal activity occured in conjunction with this event.
My heart and prays goes out to those who were lost and their families.

marinefish

oh wow...that is very very sad. 7 people lost their lives on this flight. i reall hope the families of these 7 brave people is ok. so tragic. prayers goes to all of them and their families and those involved.

S

simm

Yea Stinks. In from Lubbock and the pilot graduated from coronado HS here where Im at. Yea and at 207,000 feet altitude there is NO way anything surface did that but its not to say terrorist will take credit for doing whatever happened IMO.

ophiura

There are people in the world who will be happy today. Act of terrorism or accident, Americans and Israelis are in pain and mourning, and that is cause for celebration for some, just as it was on September 11.
Prayers for these brave astronauts and their families. So many bad memories today of Challenger, and so many new ones made. Won't be much of a day for aquarium talk.

I just heard it form a friend today, how sad. I dont think it was a terrorist attack, but I heard that one of the 7 people was jewish and he was threatened by a guy, I really dont know much of this and have not turned on the tv, but I really would like to know what happened.