anyone own an arrow crab?

miamishrip

Hey - has anyone had issues with their arrow crab misbehaving? if so, in what ways? has he picked at fish or killed anything?

joshradio

Mine just scoured the rocks for worms... he satyed pretty reclusive, and then one day my hit men crew didn't liek him anymore, and took him out!

miamishrip

lol 'hitman crew' ?
thing is my diamond goby will get right up to him and be fine, but my maroon clown got close to him this morning and it seemed like the arrow crab smelled a good meal the way he went at him.

joshradio

Originally Posted by miamishrip
lol 'hitman crew' ?
My menagerie of a zebra serpent star, hermits (red leg, blue legged, zebra) and a damsel... if it's not strong enough to stand up for itself, they take him out! So far, I've lost
1 Arrow crab
5 pajama cardinal
3 percula clowns
2 firefish goby
1 yellow tang
10 chromis
1 "nano" Hippo
In my tank it's survival of the fittest! We've even come up with a story line that they are the hit men for my coral beauty "Tommy Two-Tone" and clown "The Butcher" who run the show... "you cross them and WHAM!! Your sleeping with the fishes!"

miamishrip

i will eventually set up a small "land of misfit inverts" tank so i can send troublemakers into exile in a true survival of the fittest tank!

reign1977

I HAD a arrow crab. One day I saw his shell out in the open, and assumed that he was molting. It has been two weeks and he still hasn't reappreaded. When I did have him he never bothered anything- except the worms on my rock

puffer32

Originally Posted by xDave
Mine caught and ate my fish.

So did mine, couldn't get him out of the tank fast enough after i caught him eating a fish that was perfectly healthy 5 mins before that.

tekdave

Mine likes to eat a snail every once in awhile, but I try to keep him busy with peices of squid. Sometimes it takes him a couple days to devour the whole peice.